Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Morrisons diesel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wullie

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Morrisons diesel

Hi Folks
Doe's anybody know what diesel Morisons sell, someone told me it was bio-diesel, is this correct and can it be used in my 2010 RR sport 3ltr?? Rolling Eyes

cheers
Wullie

Post #283058 Wed Dec 15 2010 4:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wullie, I don't know which brand they sell - probably whoever gives them the best deal so could be any of the majors. However, when I was running my 2007MY TDv8 I made the swop from Sainsbury's diesel to Shell which was about 0.01p more expensive a litre and found after running a couple of tankfuls that the car was running better and getting better mpg. Now that there is no price differential I haven't been near a supermarket forecourt in nearly 3 years. IIRC diesel can contain up to 8% bio-diesel by law, LR doesn't recommend running any of their engines on anything stronger than that or on chip fat - are you having problems with Morrison's fuel? If so I would recommend a change to any of the oil majors for a few tank's full - you will notice a difference in the way the car runs. My TDv8 FFRR has only ever had "branded" diesel since I bought it last August. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #283060 Wed Dec 15 2010 5:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AlexMckie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Well I can use my Texaco fuel card at Morrisons... Whistle

Only up to this week have I found them a lot cheaper 3-4p/ltr but not any more... Big Cry

Over £100 to fill and less than 400 miles to the tank....

Censored

Alex

Post #283066 Wed Dec 15 2010 9:32am
pcregeen

Think this has been discussed in heavy detail on the disco 3 website and it was finally agreed that standard diesel at all forecourts is basically the same. Changes only occur when you go for a premium product. However, more and more "brands" are bringing in a medium premium product as their basic range.

Post #283071 Wed Dec 15 2010 11:04am
foobar

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

AlexMckie wrote:

Over £100 to fill and less than 400 miles to the tank....

Censored

Alex

LOL! I wish I got somewhere close to that figure, I average at best 18mpg on a daily basis, very painful, especially with the upcoming duty/vat increases. I dread to think what I would get out of a petrol Shocked

It's just as well I live where I do, if I lived in a city it would be sold and replaced with a 60pmg nissan micra.

Post #283290 Fri Dec 17 2010 11:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1