RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Airbag and Gearbox fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

canaryman

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue
Airbag and Gearbox fault

My airbag warning light is staying on permanently and I have been told that it is a "stage 1 relay fault" that i will need to book the car in for. Hopefully it wont inflate before they fix it! Shocked

Secondly, whilst gently accelerating at around 40-60kmh, there seems to be a metallic, rasping resonance from under the car around the shift stick area. If you take the foot off the gas pedal then it stops, but resumes when you recommence use of the gas pedal. It is intermittent but getting progressively worse. I am told that RR know about a "fault" in the gearbox when 3rd gear is used that produces this sympton. Has anyone else had or heard of it and if so, what is the problem?(Naturally, I could not reproduce this when I took the car in Mad )

I will let you know what type of courtesy car they give me next time Cool

Post #22631 Wed Apr 05 2006 1:17pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Your airbag wont 'go off' before you get to the dealers Canaryman. But you do need to take it in so that they can investigate the cause of the illuminated airbag warning light.

They should be able to do this by simply plugging your car into 'testbook'. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #23062 Thu Apr 06 2006 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1