RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Is Ivory Leather a mistake?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Is Ivory Leather a mistake?

Hi guys, new to the forum, we ordered our new RRS TDV6 HSE last week, expected delivery in June. Very Happy

I was fancying a Silver or Bonetti Grey with Ebony leather as I thought they were more forgiving colours for durability as we must keep this car longer than a year this time Surprised

However a Buckingham Blue with Ivory leather became available..Mrs. R was pleased as she was going down the route of Buckingham Blue with Alpaca..so ivory was even better. Laughing

We are going to have Fortron Shield treatment (used to be Diamondbrite) so hope it helps keep leather clean Razz

Has anyone out there got Ivory leather and how is it looking after a few miles on the clock?

Post #22490 Tue Apr 04 2006 7:18pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rich, welcome to the forums and I hope you love your RRS when it arrives. I don't have Ivory leather on my Sport, I have Aspen with the Ivory trim and that is OK. My previous Land Rover was a TD6 range Rover and that had Navy hide with Parchment trim and that was a nightmare to keep clean, especially the door panels and pulls. Fortunately the Sport has the mock aluminium door pulls so they don't get so many dirty hand marks on them.
If you have a special treatment on the leather make sure that it is OK with the Land Rover warranty.............. some of the treatments are not approved by LR and have been known to mark the leather. Also if you buy a set of LR waterproof seat covers don't leave them on all the time. Some folks have found that they also mark the leather if they get damp!
In reply to your colour choice - while I wouldn't have white leather ever (I do take my cars offroad and white leather and mud don't mix!), with Buckingham it should look nice! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #22493 Tue Apr 04 2006 7:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your comments Tim, I think you are right that it should look nice, I just have reservations about how nice the leather will look after a year or so.
With regard to the treatment it is one that Hartwell Land Rover are now recommending in place of Diamondbrite that they used to use, so I am guessing it must be approved by LR??
Not sure how I find out. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #22495 Tue Apr 04 2006 7:49pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I have the alpaca leather and it gets very dirty and grimey. However, I do think that the light leathers look better and the cabin is improved with the light plastics and trim. The leather needs cleaning at least once a month and I've found the best (and easiest) to be the leather wipes (from Halfords, Screwfix and others). The light leather seems to suffer from marks on the edge of the front seat, particularly if you wear jeans. Our driver's seat edge gets quite blue.
It could be that the leather on the SE models is worse than the HSE. As the HSE is a softer better quality leather and may not get so dirty so quickly.

The other way to look at it is that the light leather shows the dirty, so you clean it. If you had black leather, you wouldn't clean it, but it would still be getting dirty the same. It's better to sit in a clean car than a dirty one.

However, I'm just about to get a Disco3 and this time I'm going for black leather, even though I think it makes the interior drap and look cheaper. I would love to have alpaca again (as it looks so much better than black), but it is a lot of work to keep it all clean. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #22496 Tue Apr 04 2006 8:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hi Richchad and welcome

I'm getting a Buckingham Blue RRS with black leather i was thinking about getting Ivory but when we had our 645 it had cream leather and after just 2k the leather started to get marks on it and was quite blue

Was in the merc today and have red seats in that and noticed that the seats have stated to go blue RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #22508 Tue Apr 04 2006 9:16pm
jackt

United States 

Hi Rich, you did to good choises...first for ordering the RRS and second for getting the Ivory leather. I have a tonga green with ivory and oh! it looks great Very Happy I have the car, let me restate that...my wife drives the car ... since last November. No problems with the leather what so ever. We are very carefull though as it tends to get dirty very easy. But the dirt comes right out with a leather cleaning solution. 5 months now and the seats are like new. One thing to be carefull, if you are wearing new dark jeans...wash them few times before sitting in the RRS...i learned the hard way. But even then seat cleaned right away. Very good quality. Nothing to worry as long as you respect it. Exclamation The leather is very soft and seats very confy. We wanted to go with the black leather but when we saw it in the dealer showroom we ordered it on the spot. Congats again on the RRS and welcome in the forum

Post #22509 Tue Apr 04 2006 9:22pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Richchad, again welcome to a great site, and a great car!

Some time ago, our local dealer had a Versuvius 1st edition in the showroom with Ivory. The leather was quite dirty on the points like edges as getting in and front edges.

Also, foot scuffs on lighter panels.

Looked great when clean. Yer pays yer money...

We opted for Java/Ebony as it would be more durable in a hot and dusty climate when we take it to Cyprus Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #22511 Tue Apr 04 2006 9:30pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I have Java/Ebony - but so nearly ordered the Ivory????? However my wifes TT has what they call silver leather [ almost white ] she manages to keep it spotless, it is possible - you just need to keep on top of it. Welcome to the forum again & congrats on your choice Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #22540 Tue Apr 04 2006 11:34pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Welcome Richchad, I think the Buckingham/Ivory combo will look great but as a lot of others have said, the pale leathers do take quite a beating. As you're having a treatment done you might find that they don't take the colour of your trousers as quickly as the rest of us. I have the Alpaca leather in mine and as Matt said it does get grimey quite quickly. At the recommendation of someone else on the forum I went and bought some Meguiars leather cleaner but haven't yet got around to using it, so can't comment on how recoverable the colouring of the leather is.

Either way, you've just bought into a great car. Enjoy! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #22678 Wed Apr 05 2006 2:52pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
..As you're having a treatment done you might find that they don't take the colour of your trousers as quickly as the rest of us...

You could just wear Ivory leather trousers! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #22683 Wed Apr 05 2006 2:55pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

I only wear those on a Fri... dress down day Wink 

Post #22684 Wed Apr 05 2006 2:56pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Laughing Laughing RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #22685 Wed Apr 05 2006 2:57pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Having seen first hand how drity and how quickly the alpaca get's marked I would not touch Ivory at all.

Too much hassle.

It may be true that the ebony leather is getting as dirty but you don't notice it, but in 2/3/4 years time when it comes to selling it, it will look much better and newer than the same age alpaca interior or ivory.

When I sold my last car it was 4 yrs old with a black leather interior and looked almost like new. I use Meguiars gold class aloe conditioner and leather cleaner. Brilliant and non chalky finish. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #22697 Wed Apr 05 2006 3:10pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Wow RRUK! You really do care for your cars, inside and out!

Bow down How do you find the time? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #22698 Wed Apr 05 2006 3:12pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

That's what I bought Adam, at your advice.... I've always had black or grey leather in previous cars and will be returning to it again with whatever I end up with next. It's obviously a lot of hassle keeping it clean, but I have to say in Richchad's defence that I don't have any experience of how well these treatments work - it could be it ceases to be a problem, at least in the short term... 

Post #22701 Wed Apr 05 2006 3:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>