RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Tracker or RAC Trackstar Plus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Tracker or RAC Trackstar Plus

Which to get....Tracker Horizon which uses both GPS & a Radio signal, not transferable to another vehicle..£449 installed plus £325 lifetime cover, or RAC Tracker Plus which is GPS only but is transferable to another vehicle at £399 plus £325 for Lifetime cover??

Has anybody used RAC Trackstar Plus?

Post #22477 Tue Apr 04 2006 5:20pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I've used the TrackStar Plus with KeyGuard. It's a good product, but I wouldn't bother with the KeyGuard again as this was too bother. Basically you have to carry a 'tag' the size of a credit card (but much thicker). You keep this on your person and without it, the vehicle wont start. So if your keys get stolen, they can't get the car or the control room is alerted if they seperate and the engine is already running. We had too many false alarms. It's a good system and is very secure, but my wife found it a pain.
I would favour the TrackStar as the control room can talk any copper to the location of the vehicle, whereas the Tracker needs Tracker enabled police cars. However, I think that the later Tracker products now use verbal guidance too now.
I'm a dealer for TrafficMaster (sell a few SmartNavs, although just a bit of a side line for me) and can arrange a TrackStar for you if you go down this route. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #22500 Tue Apr 04 2006 8:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I'm a dealer for TrafficMaster (sell a few SmartNavs, although just a bit of a side line for me) and can arrange a TrackStar for you if you go down this route.

Hi Matt, not sure which to fit yet but am interested in your offer about Trackstar, I have only seen their website and haven't seen any mention of Keyguard?
As you know I live in Oxford and won't take delivery of Sport until June, where would the Trackstar be fitted and can you get any discount??
Cheers richchad. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #22549 Wed Apr 05 2006 6:47am
d3matt

A TrackStar could be fitted by a mobile fitter at your home or workplace, or in a workshop in Milton Park near Didcot/Abingdon.
I'll get the current pricing later and let you know. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #22555 Wed Apr 05 2006 7:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I had the RAC Trackstar Plus fitted to mine. I could not see the sense in paying the Tracker money and did not bother with the keygaurd.

It was also the most cost effective. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #22567 Wed Apr 05 2006 8:54am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Mpwox i may give you a shout when i get my car RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #22568 Wed Apr 05 2006 8:56am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Which insurance companies are insisting on Trackers being fitted? Land Rover Insurance (which is Royal and Sun Alliance) don't require them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #22571 Wed Apr 05 2006 9:02am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Tim, both Direct Line and Privelage ask for them. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #22575 Wed Apr 05 2006 9:12am
Josh

United Kingdom 

The benefit of Tracker system is that Gps can't see into large metal containers like the ones that Tim carries on his ship (or into undergound carparks). Which would hold a couple of RRS's, no doubt, on there way to Eastern Europe. Where as old fashioned VHF still picks up the signal. So you get the best of both having the two systems working together.
Police cars, Helicopters and all ports have Tracker units fitted. There are also signal boosters fitted to numerous buildings.
As they say "pay your money take your chance". TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #22577 Wed Apr 05 2006 9:19am
d3matt

The TrackStar KeyGuard product has been discontinued now as it proved too troublesum. I had one in our Merc ML and it was!!
However, there is a new product our shortly called the TrackStar 5 (see http://www.ractrackstar.co.uk/vehicle-trac...five.aspx) which is a similar, but improved version. This isn't available yet, but will be within the next few weeks. I don't have any pricing yet either.

As for the TrackStar Plus, the price to RRS & D3 forum guys will be £231 for the hardware, £10 for delivery and £105 for the fitting. All these prices exclude VAT. Subscription prices are as shown on the website http://www.ractrackstar.co.uk/vehicle-trac...kstar.aspx
The normal prices (also if you were to buy online at TrafficMaster) are £254.47+VAT (£299) for the hardware and £127.66+VAT (£150) for fitting. Matt

Post #22598 Wed Apr 05 2006 10:59am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Hi Matt, Thanks for all the info, the prices you have quoted seem to be higher than the ones on here, I thought it was all at the same place?
http://www.ractrackstarplus.co.uk/ Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #22599 Wed Apr 05 2006 11:16am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

well it be worth the wait to see what the new one well be like Question RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #22600 Wed Apr 05 2006 11:17am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Richchad wrote:
Hi Matt, Thanks for all the info, the prices you have quoted seem to be higher than the ones on here, I thought it was all at the same place?
http://www.ractrackstarplus.co.uk/

Comparing the two..

£231 for the hardware, £10 for delivery and £105 for the fitting
Total = £346 + 60.55 (VAT) = £406.55

That website is saying:
Price of £399.00 includes delivery, VAT and Nationwide Installation!

If you were to knock off the delivery charge, £11.75, it would leave: £394.80

Would this be something you can do Mpox?
We have two RS4's which will need these fitting in May, would there be any saving in that respect?

Post #22611 Wed Apr 05 2006 12:32pm
d3matt

ractrackstarplus.co.uk is a dealer's website and not RAC Trackstar themselves. RAC Trackstar is a TrafficMaster product.
This dealers price is certainly good. The margins on this kit is very low and I can only assume that other dealers get better pricing than we do, as we don't sell many. However, all dealers should really sell at the TrafficMaster retail price of £299+£150 fitting (includes VAT).

Yes Kam, if you want two TrackStars, then I can discount. I'll also set the price for these forums to £394.80 inc VAT - if you want to buy from a fellow RRS owner Laughing Matt

Post #22798 Wed Apr 05 2006 10:20pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Nice one matt.. i will find out if these are acceptable for my insurance company for the RS4 and will no doubt order one for when the car is due for delivery.

Will find out if my brother in law wants one as well.
I like these as you can transfer them from car to car..
So will be good for the M3 also..

Cheers.. Very Happy

Post #22804 Wed Apr 05 2006 11:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>