RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > 2nd April Informal Meet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
2nd April Informal Meet

OK, the Gaydon meet up is strictly an informal event - no cost to you if you don't want to go into the Motor Heritage Centre (but it is worth paying to go inside!) There is a small but good cafe on the site and more free carparking than you can shake a stick at! You can even experience a mini Land Rover Experience but you have to pay extra and go in their superstretched Defender Stationwagon - 3 sets of doors on each side no less - and cannot take your own car on it.

See you there on the 2nd April. I'm travelling up from the New Forest so let me know if you are coming from points south of Gaydon and we could arrive in convoy. One thing for sure - I bet I'll be the only Giverny Green RRS there!

What time should we kick off? Seeing as it's a Sunday, how about sometime round about 1200 as that would mean a not too early start for those travelling a long way Laughing

Here is the BMHC websitehttp://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

and reading this page it would appear that if we can get 12 folks to come along then we get a discount on entry!
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/museum/groupvisit.html

Could those who are coming contact me by PM - just so that I know how many to expect to meet in the carpark! If only a couple have turned up by 1200 we won't know if we should start on the tour or wait for late comers!!!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #16962 Sun Mar 12 2006 11:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Hi Tim
I'm planning to come to UK on April for business trip..I would like to attend any events during my stay in weekends...let me know if there is any organized off road trip or any worht to see event

Post #20439 Fri Mar 24 2006 5:18pm
Tim in Scotland

Sportman next weekend there is a Land Rover Heritage Weekend at Gaydon, the LR/Aston Martin design and test facility and our informal meet on the 2nd at the same place. Offroading..... well you would have to get hold of a copy of Land Rover Monthly or Land Rover Owner International and look in their listings. For £199 Autocar magazine are running a driving day at the Land Rover Experience at Eastnor Castle, on 7th April You can book that by email to
autocar@lre-malverns.com you don't need a car as you will use the Land Rover Experiences own Land Rovers. When emailing then they reqquire a daytime telephone number. Eastnor Castle is at Ledbury in Hertfordshire and if you don't have a rental car I have no idea how you would get there. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #20486 Fri Mar 24 2006 10:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sportman

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sportman next weekend there is a Land Rover Heritage Weekend at Gaydon, the LR/Aston Martin design and test facility and our informal meet on the 2nd at the same place. Offroading..... well you would have to get hold of a copy of Land Rover Monthly or Land Rover Owner International and look in their listings. For £199 Autocar magazine are running a driving day at the Land Rover Experience at Eastnor Castle, on 7th April You can book that by email to
autocar@lre-malverns.com you don't need a car as you will use the Land Rover Experiences own Land Rovers. When emailing then they reqquire a daytime telephone number. Eastnor Castle is at Ledbury in Hertfordshire and if you don't have a rental car I have no idea how you would get there.

Thanks Tim,
I visited Heritage at gaydon before...I could not find any RRS there only D3
also I had attand Land Rover Experience course the following weekend..it was imazing..i got supercharged RRS and D3...
what i'm looking for is an organize offroad trip using RRS, D3,
I would be a passenger don't worry..do not like to drive on right side Laughing
let me know if any such events or trips your r going with forum members

Post #20538 Sat Mar 25 2006 2:04pm
sportman

Is this rescheduled for this week

The First Heritage Land Rover Weekend
The Heritage Motor Centre promises to have lots in store at this year's annual Land Rover Weekend. The ever popular Heritage Run will take place showcasing a moving exhibition of Land Rover history from past to present.

Post #20541 Sat Mar 25 2006 2:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Sportman, I live in Scotland which is 8 hours drive from the middle of England so I don't really keep an eye on the offroad meets going on down in the south.
Have you tried asking the guys over on the sister website www.disco3.co.uk some of them might have a better idea as there are quite a few keen offroaders among their number. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20543 Sat Mar 25 2006 2:44pm
sportman

Tim,

The Heritage Land Rover Weekend is in 29-30 April 2006 I'm I right or no Crying or Very sad

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by sportman on Sun Mar 26 2006 6:46am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #20552 Sat Mar 25 2006 3:50pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Yes you are correct. But there is also an informal meet on 2nd April. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #20560 Sat Mar 25 2006 4:37pm
Tim in Scotland

Sportman, if you are in the UK next weekend and can get up to the Birmingham International Station then I am sure that one of us who is going would be able to collect you and take you along too.

If you are coming to the UK by the 21st April then I'm sure if you contacted Kam100 then you might be able to join us on the factory trip.

I have sent you a PM Sportman 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20568 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Is there anybody travelling up from Hampshire/ Dorset/ M4 corridor on Sunday Morning? ................ PM me and I'll see if I can get us a convoy up the A34/M42 from Chieveley Services on the M4/A34 junction or the Cherwell Valley Services on the M40 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20571 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:21pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Tim, just to let you know I'm fully intending to be at the HMC on 2nd April - I live only 4 miles away so I've got no excuse really (well, apart from exams but we don't mention them Rolling Eyes) Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #20573 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:28pm
Tim in Scotland

See you there then Martin. You won't be able to miss us............... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20575 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:33pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I thought this had died a death but I will try to be there for sure, will be good to meet some new members. Sadly Mrs RRUK will not be able to attend, which means I can be more spoddy!

Tim, can you PM me a list of people coming? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #20672 Sun Mar 26 2006 8:45pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Sorry chaps will have to sit this one out.. my sisters wedding starts on the saturday, and im sure we will have to clean the house up and stuff after the night before next sunday, so won't get a chance to come down.

Cheers for organising though Tim, will see u on the 21st anyway...

Post #20676 Sun Mar 26 2006 8:59pm
Tim in Scotland

OK guys here is the list of folks who have said they will be coming to Gaydon next Sunday.

MDP
Martin
Biggles
Shmoggle
ST(if his car has arrived!)
Josh
Sportman (all the way from UAE via a week on business in London)
TB (if the painting at home is finished)
RRUK (pos)
Supertrotter
Possibly some D3 members if they have been reading the events section!
Me

There is no complusion, it's just an informal meet, natter, wander around the BMHC id you want, lunch in the cafe (or bring your own picnic and test your cupholders).

If you also have a radio controlled Defender or Freelander Rally car bring it along too and we can have some great fun with them. Did you know all the RC Defenders work on the same Radio frequency which is great for"grabbing " control of somone else's car! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Mar 29 2006 10:37pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #20684 Sun Mar 26 2006 10:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>