Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Seat covers for Alpaca Premium Leather
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Seat covers for Alpaca Premium Leather

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone is aware of any decent seat covers that won't bleed any colour onto Alpaca premium leather seats? I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the canvas waterproof covers can leak colour into the lighter leather seats like Alpaca.

Many thanks,
640Newton 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #279363 Wed Nov 03 2010 4:41am
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

think the original pnes had that issue (the first one from LandRover) but newer ones should be ok... ALso, remember that because of the airbags in the seats, you need specific seat covers, even if they are more expensive then other Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #279368 Wed Nov 03 2010 7:44am
640Newton

Jimmy_75000 wrote:
think the original pnes had that issue (the first one from LandRover) but newer ones should be ok... ALso, remember that because of the airbags in the seats, you need specific seat covers, even if they are more expensive then other

Thanks Jimmy. Can I assume that if they are Land Rover manufactured that they will accommodate the side airbags? 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #279381 Wed Nov 03 2010 9:35am
Jimmy_75000

I definitly would think so but won't cost more to ask! Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #279383 Wed Nov 03 2010 9:50am
640Newton

Unfortunately I can't ask Land Rover in Australia because they don't sell them here. I am going to have to import from either the UK or USA so I am trying to collect as much info as possible before making the purchase. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #279387 Wed Nov 03 2010 10:18am
BKHK

Australia 

I imported some from Lookers a couple of years ago. They were tan colour but I had ebony so no color issues. They are fully side airbag compliant. When I no longer needed them I flogged them to Jimmy Salsa so I don't have them anymore. The tan clolour would be fine for alpaca I think.

Post #279389 Wed Nov 03 2010 11:05am
Jimmy_75000

Contact site sponsor Lookers Park Royal...

http://www.lookerslandroverlondon.co.uk/Ab...and-Rover/

I've ordered mine through them... price is around £150 * 2 for complete set (£150 for rear, £150 for front) Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Post #279390 Wed Nov 03 2010 11:33am
raadar

Australia 

My experience with the factory seatcovers over alpaca in MY08 RRS showed no problems. I had a set also fitted to my previous MY07 RRS which travelled 10k klms over gunbarrel/simpson outback and functioned ok until the follow-up service on return resulted in a careless oil stain which could not be removed so the covers were replaced by the dealer and fitted to the MY08 RRS (alpaca) with no problems. They are now doing service in the disco 4.

Anyhow, in summary, they ARE available through the dealer network in Aus. and have appropriate airbag vents and armrest covers. They are also made from a soft lightweight material that is very comfortable.

Post #279444 Wed Nov 03 2010 11:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1