RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Private DISCO3/Freel2/RRS - Kielder Forest - Jan 22nd 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

flinty99

Private DISCO3/Freel2/RRS - Kielder Forest - Jan 22nd 2011

Following on from the success of our previous forum events in Kielder Forest I have been granted another date for exclusive use of the forest – Saturday January 22nd 2011. We intend to use routes that are as non-damaging* as possible and ideal for all levels of driving experience.

The day will be a follow the leader type event through the forest using a mixture of trails along with a stop at disused quarry for a play around.

There are two ways to get a ticket. The face value is £0.00 but we would love a voluntary £50.00 donation to Northumberland National Park Mountain Rescue (Charity reg.511313). Donors will receive their complimentary ticket immediately. We would also like to recommend that people who signup make a donation to the forum as well as a way of thanking it to make this event possible.

Forum members who do not wish to make a donation may request a ticket by PM. to "flinty99" there is no guarantee of availability and all requests will be processed by January 20th 2011.

The reason for this is to enable us to arrange for donating participants to complete a Gift Aid form on the day that enables us to claim some tax benefit. This is only possible on donations and not sales; hence free ticket – but donation appreciated.

In order to make this a viable day we need a minimum of 10 cars.

If you are interested in attending and making the £50 donation please use the signup button on the Disco 3 forum here. (Apologies for sending you to the Disco 3 forum but a single sign up is easier to handle than one on ever one of Martin's sites).

(Full details inc donation options and instructions etc will be sent on signup.)

Many thanks to Martin for allowing me to us the forum to publicise this event.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

*Please note that forest routes can change quickly and what maybe a clear non-damaging route when we plan the route could have changed by the day in question. We accept no liability in the event of damage but you can be assured that neither I or Julian wish to damage our cars on the day either.

Post #278752 Tue Oct 26 2010 9:35pm
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Big Cry Too far from London.... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #278769 Wed Oct 27 2010 7:47am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Jimmy_75000 wrote:
Big Cry Too far from London....
Hey I drove from Belgium for the last one and 4wheeldriver came down from north Scotland. It was a grand day out once I had found the convoy we were a little late getting off the ferry. All the tracks we drove on were marked on the wife's tomtom but the RRS sat nav knew nothing of the tracks. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #278795 Wed Oct 27 2010 3:26pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

We drove along for lunch and spotted a forlorn lone RRS with Mr Catt and family in it sitting in the car park!!! Thumbs Up

Besides Jimmy you get to slap me and anyone else there that made the comments about France last week!!! Rolling with laughter Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #278800 Wed Oct 27 2010 3:38pm
Jimmy_75000

Laughing ! That could be enough to motivate me to do the 12 hours return trip!!!

20' tires would be ok??? Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #278801 Wed Oct 27 2010 3:43pm
4wheeldriver

Tim was M+S 19's last year as there still a fiar bit of snow in places on the roads as well as the forest!! Unless you head for the "adventurous" track that they had last year I would think you would be ok! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #278802 Wed Oct 27 2010 4:01pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Actually I don't have any Marks and Spencer tyres......................... the car was riding on my 19"Pirelli Snow and Ice tryes and for the "adventurous" track that had a few D3's stuck on road biased tyres I decide it best not to give the D3 guys the opportunity to take pictures of a TDv8 RRS shod with S+I tyres stuck too. So in theory I never got stuck at all Rolling with laughter It was a good day out and there was nothing that an adventurous RRS owner could nto have handled but I think 20" wheels might get damaged and run the risk of punctures with the low side wall. I also had a set of 19" MTR's sat in my garage that I could have used. I won't make it to the January outing - I fly home from Singapore that day Big Cry 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Oct 27 2010 5:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #278804 Wed Oct 27 2010 5:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

There's Tim boasting about his rubber fetish again.................. Whistle

Apologies on getting my M+S's mixed up with my M+I's!!! Rolling with laughter Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #278805 Wed Oct 27 2010 5:09pm
Eddie C

Location: Northumberland or sometimes can be found on the bottom under the Seawell!

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

I'm interested but do I have to register on DISCO3 to sign up Question New MY2011 TDV6 RRS HSE Fuji White with Tan, here!

Gone, 56 plate TDV6 2.7 HSE Java Black with Alpaca

Post #278812 Wed Oct 27 2010 7:12pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

We don't bite!!

Well not much!!

Great day in a D3 or RRS, esp if a bit of snow! Tim re your excuse, yeah, yeah! No probs on MTRs. Whistle

Post #278813 Wed Oct 27 2010 7:58pm
Jimmy_75000

Ok, will sign up on D3 but can't confirm 100% until early January... I will be on 20's so hopefully won't puncture them!

Might come with my 10y old daughter to make a week-end out of it...

As for the alloy, unfortunately, London side walk are taking their toll week after week already... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Post #278837 Thu Oct 28 2010 7:29am
DSL

United Kingdom 

Jimmy just follow Tim as he has a knack of avoiding anything that involves a little mud!! Whistle Whistle Wink

Post #278846 Thu Oct 28 2010 11:08am
Jimmy_75000

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I won't make it to the January outing - I fly home from Singapore that day Big Cry

I would love too but seems he won't be there.... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Post #278849 Thu Oct 28 2010 12:26pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

DSL you don't live in Scotland! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #278850 Thu Oct 28 2010 12:33pm
flinty99

Jimmy, great to see you have signed up Thumbs Up

Tim, sorry the timings don't work out for you. As you fly over on the way home give us a wave Very Happy

Eddie C wrote:
I'm interested but do I have to register on DISCO3 to sign up Question

Eddie, if your interested, please do sign up. I appreciate its a pain but having a single registration site makes my life easier. As Derek said we don't bite. Any problems just drop me a PM.

Post #278851 Thu Oct 28 2010 12:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>