RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > MY2010
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

2nd the LC200 is totally butt ugly... and agree with Gordon way to big Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #277867 Thu Oct 14 2010 2:31am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

But the LC 200 fits in sooooo well up in QLD! Whistle Laughing Laughing

Post #277873 Thu Oct 14 2010 6:20am
Zilch

2nd Rower wrote:
But the LC 200 fits in sooooo well up in QLD! Whistle Laughing Laughing

yes but i will either be back in Sydney or in Singapore in February, so the redneck image will not fit in... Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #277968 Fri Oct 15 2010 10:51am
raadar

Australia 

disco4x4au et all,

new to the forum but v interested in this thread. Currently have tdv6 disco4 and prior to this had 2x RRS tdv8's which crossed the Simpson/gunbarrel and back 18months ago. I have recently come back from Cape Melville in the disco (all towing camper trailer) and extremely frustrated at some fundamental issues. Both trips experienced the sagged rear end syndrome which, although extremely frustrating, remedied itself after a 1-2 hr wait to let the "suspension overheated" fault correct itself. The deal breaker for me however was the destruction of tyres and rims, and I understand you have done some research into this subject. I am very conscious of the vulnerability of the wheel/tyre combo and drive accordingly. I use 8 sets (5 car + 3 tvan) of 19" Vspoke LR alloys with Goodyear MTR's and so far have cracked 3 rims and wrecked 4 tyres over the 2 trips.

On my drive home from the last trip I resolved that my affair with Landrover (there have been other issues) was over and resolved to go back to a Landcruiser. That is until I looked at the 200 series forum and found that the Landcruiser reputation is in tatters....or should be. It appeared to not offer any salvation from my predicament. I considered going back to a 100 series (06 mode) but they are holding their value too well to be reasonable for a 4 year old car. And have since driven one and had forgotten the superior ride and handling of the RRS (the D4 is even better but I do prefer the TDV8 with superior torque and better fuel economy).

I was excited to read the thread regarding the possibility of 18" wheel fitment to an <09MY RRS with brembo's (after physically trying to fit them to my 10MY D4......I am not game to machine the calipers by 3mm to make the fit work although it seems do..able) and am now entertaining the prospect of an 09MY RRS. Did you get any further with the 18" wheel issue? What was the "reverse caliper block" trick to get clearance on the <09MY brembos? Or am I heading up another blind alley?

cheers............raadar

Post #278237 Wed Oct 20 2010 5:26am
disco4x4au

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Hi Raadar,

PM me your email address and I'll send you what info I have. Not familiar with the "sagged rear end" syndrome?

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #278326 Thu Oct 21 2010 12:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
raadar

Australia 

thanks for the response.

It seems I am too new at this and the site won't allow me to post a PM until I reach 5 posts.....3 to go. You can contact me on architects@raadar.com.

sagged rear end refers to collapsed rear suspension as covered elsewhere on this site. Dealer has replaced heat beads and filter in suspension air pump but this is currently untested in the wild so not sure if cured. Bruce Davis at davis landys in Sydney opines that the suspension pumps are marginal with a significant number replaced under warranty, which adds further concern.

frank

Post #278327 Thu Oct 21 2010 1:25am
Zilch

Found the ultimate Compromise

it is still a stable mate of the Range Rover Sport Whistle

I Automatically get lifetime membership to the Curry Club Whistle
Whistle
It would look good next to BKHK's outside any high class Melbourne establishment

you guest it, it is the Landrover http://www.safaridicor.com/

or is it a TATA Laughing .... Just back from India again .. only the 8th time this year Big Cry Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #278948 Fri Oct 29 2010 10:17am
Zilch

New Vehicle Interstate Registration

an update on the MY2010 saga, well it seems we will not be off to Singapore this side of next xmas, the one after this one, so i am likely to take the plunge and go for a MY11 in Fuji white on novated lease, test driving it next week back in Sydney.. hopefully i will be driving back in it and leaving my pride and glory Zermatt to the vagaries of the Sydney purchasers... you have been warned Laughing

Major question i have for my learned ANZ forum participants, what is the go on Interstate registration, as i know i will have to register it in Queensland, and pay the Stamp Duty / GST and Registration here, but can i legally drive it from NSW to QLD without plates and a valid CTP slip ? The dealer stated i will be given a "Permit" whatever that means...

Look out for a new MY11 on the February meet up .... possibly..... Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #279901 Wed Nov 10 2010 8:31am
raadar

Australia 

zilch,

my experience when I sold my my08 RRS to a southern buyer in June this year as follows:

Car was unregistered, Q transport issued an "unregistered vehicle permit" for a specified period and specified start/destination. For a period of 5 days and a distance between Sunshine Coast and South Aus cost $177, plus an additional fee of $76 for the CTP insurrance, which was required to be obtained seperately prior to application for the Q transport permit.

hope this helps

Post #279974 Thu Nov 11 2010 12:43am
Zilch

raadar wrote:
zilch...hope this helps

many thanks Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #279978 Thu Nov 11 2010 2:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12