RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RRS and D3 suspension upgrades from Germany
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
RRS and D3 suspension upgrades from Germany

This month's LROI has an item about suspension upgrades for RRS and D3 made by a German company called Matzker. The test that Ed Cobley did on a d3 was quite startling and the suspension can be made to raise a further 50mm over standard offroad height and can also lower it 35mm BELOW normal for high speed stability. The same upgrade can be made to an RRS. There is also an engine tuning upgrade which raises the power out put of the TDv6 to 223bhp from standard 190 and 500Nm of torque, 60 more than standard. The Suspension upgrade also reprogrammes Active Roll Mitigation and progressively stiffens that suspension as speed rises, it is also adaptive so it learns from your driving style.............
They can also fit your D3/RRS with a rear door swing away mount for the spare wheel so you can add an extra "long range" fuel tank in the vacant spare wheel well (this should be of interest to the S/C boys Laughing ) Matzker also make and supply some very beefy sill protectors that I assume will not fit an RRS due to the door design, but look good on the D3. LROI rate it very highly but it is not a cheap upgrade at £1275 for the engine umod, £2375 for the full suspension upgrade......... then there is underbody protection at £1130, sill guards at £420 the swing away spare wheel carrier at £895 and the long range fuel tank and plumbing at £1350. The wicked Black 20" wheel come in at £450 EACH without tyres!
I surfed along to the Matzker website www.matzker.de but unfortunately it is in German with no option for an English page. Sounds like a great upgrade to have and the pics of the demo D3 lowered to motorway height make it look wicked, espcially as it is riding on 20" wheels that are brushing on the plastic wheel arch spats! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65966 Sat Nov 11 2006 10:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Some of the Matzker kit looks impressive, but at a price. Some of the other kit (there was a demo D3 at the Malvern LRO show earlier in the year) was a bit oddly designed, but good to have it on the market.

The handling electronics don't reprogramme anything, I believe it's a CAN bus based system which intercepts/modifies messages to tell the vehicle it's operating somewhere it actually isn't. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #65977 Sun Nov 12 2006 12:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Driller

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

If you are after a translation, albeit a shoddy one, just google danzker and then hit the translate option next to the web page Wink

Post #65984 Sun Nov 12 2006 5:55am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Matzker does quality stuff ! 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #65990 Sun Nov 12 2006 9:59am
Tim in Scotland

That's quite some endorsement coming from Angel................. who thinks most things Deutsche and Automotive are usually grim! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #66005 Sun Nov 12 2006 11:03am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Got the gist of it using freetranslation.com - I like that lowering by 23mm when on the motorway which they claim reduces air resistance and handling when driving on "kurvigen" country roads (automated translation is NOT an exact science). I'd get more use from that than the extra 26mm in height.

The best part? They're in Koln...just a short drive from here. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #66020 Sun Nov 12 2006 3:21pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

This is the first module I see that actually raises suspensions a bit more for offroading. There are many modules out there already lowering them somewhere between normal and access height for onroad driving, but this one is definitely more useful if you take it offroad. I wonder how it works, via an extra switch on the dash or through the existing suspensions switch (adding a couple of extra "stops" in addition to access, normal and offroad, that would be nice.) Expensive unit, though.

Does this company have a distributor in the US? I could not find any info on their web site, w/ or w/o translation... 

Post #66021 Sun Nov 12 2006 5:36pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

The problem I see with raising the suspension to super-extended mode is that if you get stuck then the vehicles got no more to give Confused Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #66022 Sun Nov 12 2006 5:42pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

My understanding (from reading the German site, which isn't easy) is that the suspensions would raise somewhere above offroad mode (26 mm over) but not all the way to the maximum extended mode - and viceversa when lowered on the freeway, down 20 mm which is about 1/2 way between normal and access... So it sounds as if there would be some extra travel still available. 

Post #66023 Sun Nov 12 2006 6:01pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

JE can, as usual, do better. 235bhp and 575 Nm, all for a measly £685 +VAT Can't be bad Smile www.jeengineering.co.uk/

Post #66027 Sun Nov 12 2006 6:53pm
Tim in Scotland

I'm quite happy the the original power and torque, but the extra height would be useful offroad, I'm not sure that I would use the super low setting either.
I wonder if they could set it to the same mode as those American Low riders that can do a dance on their air suspension Laughing Beats the hell out of a set of Colonel Bogey airhorns when you meet a group of young lads in their tarted up Pugs and Saxos! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #66033 Sun Nov 12 2006 7:35pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

i talked to a german LR official yesterday and he confirmed that the car garanty doesnt get affected when you install Matzker parts - he has a very good reputation in Germany. 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #66061 Mon Nov 13 2006 9:13am
MDP

United Kingdom 

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
i talked to a german LR official yesterday and he confirmed that the car garanty doesnt get affected when you install Matzker parts - he has a very good reputation in Germany.

Shocked Shocked

Hmmmm Confused

Does this open the door for for tuners to be "approved" by LR Question 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #66087 Mon Nov 13 2006 12:28pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

There was another thread here about the suspension lowering at 100 mph which everyone seemed to think was insane...however - listening to a German colleague who translated the Matzker information about their suspension kit - they state that the car lowers when travelling at a constant 100 KPH - they mention this in describing the features of their kit.

Could it be then that the lowering point is actually 100kph and that Matzker enhances that by taking it lower?

Angel? Hilfe bitte! Confused 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #66093 Mon Nov 13 2006 1:22pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

i go read it laterz - but i think it was that you could driver lowered all the time without attempting 100 kph. 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #66095 Mon Nov 13 2006 1:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>