RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Winch for a TDV8 with Adaptive Cruise Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Winch for a TDV8 with Adaptive Cruise Control

My search of the forum came up empty so I am just trying to get confirmation of whether it is possible to install the Land Rover/Warn winch to a 2008 TDV8 with ACC?

The same question applies to the underbody sheild?

Many thanks, 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276956 Thu Sep 30 2010 7:59am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

As far as I know the ACC has to be turned off when fitted with a winch. All the G4s had them turned off. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276960 Thu Sep 30 2010 8:27am
640Newton

Very Annoyed wrote:
As far as I know the ACC has to be turned off when fitted with a winch. All the G4s had them turned off.

So is that a permanent disabling or can it be controlled with a switch if the winch is taken off between trips? 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276966 Thu Sep 30 2010 9:39am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Permanent 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276970 Thu Sep 30 2010 10:00am
640Newton

I've just had an email from one of the shops I contacted about a winch and they reckon that you can't fit a winch to a TDV8 as the oil cooler radiator setup means there is nowhere for the brackets to fit. Is there anyone on the forum who has a winch fitted to a TDV8? 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276981 Thu Sep 30 2010 10:42am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Apparently a TDV8:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic19356.html?highlight=

[/url]

Post #276987 Thu Sep 30 2010 11:18am
640Newton

Thanks 2R. I've sent him a message asking what brand and model winch he is using. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276991 Thu Sep 30 2010 12:08pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

640Newton wrote:
I've just had an email from one of the shops I contacted about a winch and they reckon that you can't fit a winch to a TDV8 as the oil cooler radiator setup means there is nowhere for the brackets to fit. Is there anyone on the forum who has a winch fitted to a TDV8?

All the last G4 RRSs were TDV8 and they had winches fitted. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276996 Thu Sep 30 2010 12:25pm
640Newton

Very Annoyed wrote:
640Newton wrote:
I've just had an email from one of the shops I contacted about a winch and they reckon that you can't fit a winch to a TDV8 as the oil cooler radiator setup means there is nowhere for the brackets to fit. Is there anyone on the forum who has a winch fitted to a TDV8?

All the last G4 RRSs were TDV8 and they had winches fitted.

That's more reassuring VA, thanks. Now I just need to find out what brand and model they used. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276997 Thu Sep 30 2010 12:30pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I believe it's a Warn. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #276998 Thu Sep 30 2010 12:40pm
640Newton

Very Annoyed wrote:
I believe it's a Warn.

this is the one I enquired about and they told me it wouldn't work on a TDV8 because of the oil cooler/radiator setup:
http://www.shop4landrover.co.uk/product/Electric_Winch_VUB501471
Perhaps I should ask around a few more shops? (LR Australia wouldn't have a clue) 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #276999 Thu Sep 30 2010 12:43pm
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

VA isn't quite correct with the ACC.

My G4 has the ACC activated with the winch setup, what doesn't work is the parking sensors as the middle 2 are missing. My dealer tried to activate the 2 remaining sensors and it threw a hissy fit, they think the sensors are 'seeing' the cradle so they've been switched back off. I'm told by one of the chaps in the G4 club that the system can be reactivated by installing 2 sensors in the front of the winch cradle and creating the wiring to link it all up, but I've not taken that any further.

Your questions as regards the installation and underbody protection have been answered over on the G4 forum Thumbs Up Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #277228 Mon Oct 04 2010 11:55am
640Newton

MikeS wrote:
VA isn't quite correct with the ACC.

My G4 has the ACC activated with the winch setup, what doesn't work is the parking sensors as the middle 2 are missing. My dealer tried to activate the 2 remaining sensors and it threw a hissy fit, they think the sensors are 'seeing' the cradle so they've been switched back off. I'm told by one of the chaps in the G4 club that the system can be reactivated by installing 2 sensors in the front of the winch cradle and creating the wiring to link it all up, but I've not taken that any further.

Your questions as regards the installation and underbody protection have been answered over on the G4 forum Thumbs Up

Thanks Mike. I'll go over to the G4 forum and have a read. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #277229 Mon Oct 04 2010 11:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1