Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > RX8 PZ - £7,999, Looking To P/X For RR Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

anyone4apint

United Kingdom 
RX8 PZ - £7,999, Looking To P/X For RR Sport

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forums but am a long time lurker, this place is a fantastic rescource for all things Land Rover related. I have finally decided to take the leap and buy a Sport - am looking for a 50,000+ mile car, 2005'ish, not fussed if its petrol or diesel.

I am currently trying to sell my current car, a Mazda RX-8 PZ. I know its a long shot, but if there is anyone out there looking to have a toy and a bit of fun and a change I am looking to part ex my PZ with a RR Sport, and obviously cash your way!

Hopefully I will be a full member of the site with my very own Sport soon Smile

Here is the full ad:

For Sale: Mazda RX8 PZ

For sale is my Mazda RX-8 PZ. This is one of the later 2007 car’s (56 plate) and has covered around 28,500 mile and has tax and MOT until March 2011. This is a car which has been looked after very well – I am a huge rotary enthusiast and this is my second RX8 PZ. As part of this, it had a complete oil change on 3rd Jan 11 and I have only ever filled it up with 98RON fuel and I have fed it plenty of Fuchs TITAN XTR 5W-30. The car had two brand new rear tyres (Falken FK452's) fitted today which currently have zero miles on them and it includes a full Mazda service history. I have also recently had the air conditioning repaired which is a fairly expensive piece of work and is a fairly common problem so you won’t have to worry about that. Note that it is due a service, but being as I have just changed the oil all it really needs is plugs, leads and a filter.

Everything on the car works and is in very good condition. It includes all of the usual extras which feature on the PZ model including the fantastic OZ 18’ wheels and the amazing Prodrive setup which includes revised suspension geometry, Bilsten springs, Eibach dampers, uprated exhaust system (Scorpion), lower ride height and includes the fantastic Prodrive details such as carbon logos, Prodrive spoiler, etc.

For those of you who are not aware, the PZ is ‘the’ RX8 to own. The car was made in limited numbers and was only released into the UK market. Mazda sent the standard 231bhp RX8 to the well renowned Prodrive who were tasked with creating a more focussed fast road / track setup from the framework of the 231bhp RX8. The result is a car which really shows off just how good the RX8’s chassis is and really shows what the car is capable of.... no one sets up a car like Prodrive!

The car is in fantastic condition, it is actually easier if I list the bad points rather than the good points. There is one tiny ding in the door and another in the passenger side A pillar, both are about the size of small fingernail and there is no paint damage in either. They just need popping out but I have not had this done as history has taught me that every time I have a ding removed some ‘kind’ person in the supermarket car park decides to give it straight back to me – hopefully you will have more luck! Another down side is that three of the four center caps have gone missing, this is my second PZ and I have had the same problem on both of them – for some reason when OZ made the wheels they seemed to make the caps fit in a way whereby they will just randomly fall out. Its very annoying and is easily fixed (they are about a fiver each from Mazda) but again I stopped buying them as it got annoying. Some folk have glued them in but I always thought this was a bad idea. The only other thing worthy of mention is that the tiny plastic switch to the bottom right of the drivers seat that moves it back and forwards has fallen off, I am sure this is nothing that a tube of superglue wont fix but I just press the buttons directly as I am the only driver it never occurred to me to fix it until now!

The paint work does not have any significant marks on it, there is absolutely no rust, there are no untowards strange grinding noises, the car is pretty much tip top. All it would take to make it look genuinely show room fresh is a decent detail, two tiny dings removing and a few centre caps – you will then quite literally have a showroom fresh car!

My reason for sale is that the time has come to get something bigger, I am a genuine seller and am a longterm member of the Japanese Performance Owners Club (http://www.jpoc.co.uk) and the RX8 Owners Club (http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk). The car is located in Wychbold which is in northern Worcestershire and is 2 minuets off M5 J5. I am happy to take you for a drive but if you want to have a drive yourself then please show proof of insurance. Please feel free to email me at will.e.king@gmail.com or call me on 07738 203 948 . If you would like any further pictures or need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me!

Price: £7999

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #285905 Fri Jan 14 2011 11:00pm
anyone4apint

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys,

Looks like I will be in a Sport fairly soon. Saw a lovely one today and used the RX8 as part of the deal. Deposit taken etc, assuming nothing goes wrong in the deal in the next week the car is sold.

Will

Post #286602 Sat Jan 22 2011 5:53pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Well done. You will of course enjoy the sport. Mazda looks nice but the sport is a different world. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #286608 Sat Jan 22 2011 8:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
anyone4apint

United Kingdom 

Misery wrote:
Well done. You will of course enjoy the sport. Mazda looks nice but the sport is a different world. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The RX8 is great fun, but it tends to struggle on green lanes lol. Cant wait to get it now... need to buy some shares in Shell and BP before I collect it!

Post #286618 Sat Jan 22 2011 11:26pm
BKHK

Australia 

Yep, you'll deffo enjoy the RRS compared to the RX8. Nice little car for a girl though. Post some pics when you get the RRS.

Post #286620 Sun Jan 23 2011 12:03am
Jonas & Jonas

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

BKHK wrote:
Yep, you'll deffo enjoy the RRS compared to the RX8. Nice little car for a girl though. Post some pics when you get the RRS.

I have a RRS and I think the Rx8 is 10x more a mans car than the sport!

Post #286621 Sun Jan 23 2011 12:22am
BKHK

Australia 

Jonas

It was indeed a bargain, maybe you should have bought it ... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

A few guys do have them here, the RX 8, the MX 5 and for some reason the Nissan 350Z convertible are quite popular with the "sensitive" man.

Post #286623 Sun Jan 23 2011 12:48am
Jonas & Jonas

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Laughing

Well I've had an Rx8 and I thought it was a brutal car (really tail happy) which I don't really think can be associated with a women car?

Whereas the big comfortable RRS...any way you can see where i was coming from.

Perhaps I'm just a "sensitive" man Big Cry Very Happy

Post #286643 Sun Jan 23 2011 10:54am
anyone4apint

United Kingdom 

lol this is funny.

No matter what car I own, I cannot win. My RX8 was a girls / hair dressers car, my evo was a chavs car, my RRS is a footballers wife / drug dealers car and the track toys I am looking at are mid-life crisis cars (even though I'm only 31!) . I think its time to give up and buy a Mondeo - but then I will have a sales rep car. ARRRGH. I cant win lol.

Screw it. RRS for day to day and an old evo as a track toy - I can deal with being a drug dealing chav going through an early mid-life crisis Razz

Post #286644 Sun Jan 23 2011 11:05am
BKHK

Australia 

The RRS will be a good car. Ignore the footballers wifey thing! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #286664 Sun Jan 23 2011 6:06pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

What evo you got? Are you on MLR?

Post #286672 Sun Jan 23 2011 6:53pm
anyone4apint

United Kingdom 

BIG DJ wrote:
What evo you got? Are you on MLR?

Yes I am on MLR but Ive not been on there much in the past year. Sadly I sold it about a year ago, I couldnt justify the running costs and non-stop servicing. It was a black FQ-330 with forged internals making nice power and lots of nice suspension mods - went like a rocket, I kind of miss it.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I will try to pick up an older Evo 3 in about 6-12 months as a toy.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #286761 Mon Jan 24 2011 5:38pm
BIG DJ

Looked nice Thumbs Up

What power was you running?
I also got rid of mine just over a year ago. Very similar reason to yourself but boy do I miss it.

Post #286772 Mon Jan 24 2011 7:32pm
anyone4apint

United Kingdom 

It was making somewhere between 360/370 bhp and a smilar figure for lbs/ft. However, the handling was ridiculous, was lapping Kemble as fast as a friend in a 450bhp R33 GTR. Oh how I miss it, but like you, I dont miss the running costs! Its not just the cost of servicing, but also the frequency of it - plus the whole purpose was to have it as a track toy, but new pads, tyers, etc after each event was just too much to justify as it was also my daily driver. Thus, RRS for a day to day and its also the perfect car to tow a cheap toy to the track every now and then Smile

Post #286777 Mon Jan 24 2011 8:08pm
BIG DJ

I know exactly what you mean Thumbs Up

Post #286792 Mon Jan 24 2011 9:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1