RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > New owner - some problems, drivers door lock, tailgate glass
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

m14rsh

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
New owner - some problems, drivers door lock, tailgate glass

I purchased my 2006 RRS 4.2S/C in Dec 2009. Very Happy

Since then I have had two issues Crying or Very sad ;

1. The key fob would unlock all doors except the drivers door. When ending a journey and turning off the engine the doors auto-unlock, again, except the drviers door. I ended up removing the internal door handle and pulling the cable whilst pressing the master unlock button and the door would then open. This would happen everyday for a couple of weeks, then not for 2 weeks and then once in a blue moon, and now it never happens. I had left the handle off for a total period of 5 months this last month there has been no reoccurances, therefore, thanks to your tech info on this site, I have reattached the door handle, sprayed the mech with WD40 and removed dust, damp and dirt spots and all seems fine, I await the cold, damp winter to see if the problem re-occurs. Your thoughts on whether this shall happen again would be appreciated?

2. The tailgate glass lid release button does not work...is this common? How do i remove the inner boot panel to get to the release mech etc? What to do to fix it? The release mech worked when the key fob's third button operated the glass lid but when re-configuring the button (whilst playing) it is then i found the glass lid button did not work. Sometimes when sitting in the car with the engine on but parked the glass lid will release on it own for no reason...confused.com! 2005 (55) RRS 4.2 V8 S/C Buckingham Blue
All bulbs changed for LED's
Graphite Powder Coated 20" RRS S/C Alloys
Side Steps
Tints
http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic1760-45.html

Post #276688 Sun Sep 26 2010 11:57am
m14rsh

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

...also,

the front parking sensors do not work, any ideas... 2005 (55) RRS 4.2 V8 S/C Buckingham Blue
All bulbs changed for LED's
Graphite Powder Coated 20" RRS S/C Alloys
Side Steps
Tints
http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic1760-45.html

Post #276691 Sun Sep 26 2010 1:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1