RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > message for biggles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
message for biggles

I am assuming that you are in the freight business, and was wondering if you do or would , wash your rrs with the same soap as you use on your trucks Twisted Evil

Post #1155 Sun Jul 24 2005 8:03pm
Biggles

England 

Scorpio,
The answer to that question is a definate NO.
The wash that we use is mildly caustic and under very high pressure and considerable heat.
I do have the option of lowering the temperature and switching of the chemicals but only do this after the vehicle has been of road. Have not had the RRS of road yet so the car will be washed at home so far.
As a coincidence I have given it its first wash today used the new flash thingy and I must say I was impressed washed it as instructions say and returned to the car an hour later not one spot in sight. Certainly beat chamois leathers. Also given the car a full polish and it started raining 10 minutes after I had finished. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1156 Sun Jul 24 2005 10:01pm
BN

England 

Hey Biggles, I posted on the D3 site about Flash. It's b****y marvellous for lazy car washers like me. I cheat however, buy the refill for £2.99 and add 2 tablespoons of Flash in a bucket. Wash car all over, spray with hose or light pressure wash and bingo, amazing Shocked Takes about 20 mins from start to finish.

Post #1213 Tue Jul 26 2005 7:11pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Totally agree, I've been using the FLASH system for some time now & have found it doesn't matter how you wash the car.... the main benefit of the product is the cartridge which gives you soft water ( rain water equivolent ) and thus when you rinse off with this leaving the car to dry, you get no spots or streaks whatsoever. I have even washed my car in the hot sun & still got great results. Its not cheap I know but does make for easy cleaning. There is an alternative, a firm I can't remember but will post when found, whereby a much larger system is employed ie. large cartridge which softens the water is connected inline using hozelock connectors between tap & hosepipe - giving instant soft water.

Ha... Just remembered/found it..... Ionicsystems.com

here is the link:

http://www.ionicsystems.com/cars/home/index.html

direct link to prices:

http://shop.ionicsystems.com/htdocs/acatal...stems.html

Has any body used this product? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1219 Tue Jul 26 2005 11:42pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
Totally agree, I've been using the FLASH system for some time now & have found it doesn't matter how you wash the car.... the main benefit of the product is the cartridge which gives you soft water ( rain water equivolent ) and thus when you rinse off with this leaving the car to dry, you get no spots or streaks whatsoever. I have even washed my car in the hot sun & still got great results. Its not cheap I know but does make for easy cleaning. There is an alternative, a firm I can't remember but will post when found, whereby a much larger system is employed ie. large cartridge which softens the water is connected inline using hozelock connectors between tap & hosepipe - giving instant soft water.

Ha... Just remembered/found it..... Ionicsystems.com

here is the link:

http://www.ionicsystems.com/cars/home/index.html

direct link to prices:

http://shop.ionicsystems.com/htdocs/acatal...stems.html

Has any body used this product?

Also compare prices: Since the Flash refill filters cost approx £4.99 and are supposed to give about 10 rinses, which I have found in my experience is less, considering I am washing my S4 cab & not a large 4x4 Sad

In contrast the Ionic system filters (see link ) should be more cost effective & need replacing less frequently, obviously this depends how soft the water is in your area.

Again has anyone got any experience of this product.... let us know Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1227 Wed Jul 27 2005 10:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1