RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Nara Bronze anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

ilard

United Kingdom 
Nara Bronze anyone?

Ok. I accidentally bought a new 2011MY TDV6 today. The deal was too good to walk away from and the salesman was a great guy, so everyone was happy. Thumbs Up

Has to be factory ordered due to my rather unusual specification:

* TDV6 HSE
* Nara Bronze Shocked with Aribica leather and straight grained walnut (I prefer the lighter satin finished wood)
* Sunroof
* Luxury Pack (premium ICE, extended leather, 5 spoke alloys, adaptive cruise, heated wheel)
* Vision Assist (surround camera system plus high beam assist thingy)
* Privacy glass
* Paddles
* Premium carpet mats and ipod lead!

So, why did I go for Nara Bronze? Well, I think it looks more exclusive and particularly well suited to a 4x4 shape. I recommended it to Oldcro, (who went for my number 2 choice of Stornoway in the end for budget reasons), and I thought I would put my money where my mouth is.

God, I hope I like it when it arrives... I am sure I will. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #275851 Sun Sep 12 2010 8:15pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Funny you posted this about Nara Bronze as I was meaning to post about it Myself

I saw a '60 plate RRS in Leeds on Saturday, at the moment NB is my favorite colour and after orininally seeing it on a D4 both me and the wife said it looked great and well suited the D4

Sorry to say I don't think it suited the RRS as much , it could have been due to it parked surround by other cars and not getting a good look, but it just didn't do it for me

But everyone has there own opinions etc.....

Post #275855 Sun Sep 12 2010 9:13pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

yeah, it's a common opinion that it suits the D4 better, and I may indeed agree - but then I think the D4 is arguably a more attractive shape than the RRS). But I still like it!

It will look like this (except with privacy glass):

[img]http://imagesdelivery.2ndbyte.com/StockImages/LRUK2/Standard_1024/I03/1032369-1739893.jpg[/img] L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #275856 Sun Sep 12 2010 9:27pm
oldcro

Scotland 

Budget? I went for Stornoway Grey because it was my first choice, still to each his own I guess. I'm sure you will be delighted with the TDV6 when it arrives with all the options chosen. Thumbs Up

Post #275858 Sun Sep 12 2010 9:43pm
oldcro

Scotland 

Budget? I went for Stornoway Grey because it was my first choice, still to each his own I guess. I'm sure you will be delighted with the TDV6 when it arrives with all the options chosen. Thumbs Up

Post #275859 Sun Sep 12 2010 9:44pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

ilard my local dealer had a nara bronze in the showroom when i ordered my car and it looked great colour really suited the rrs in my opinion enjoy Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #275887 Mon Sep 13 2010 8:21am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Apologies, oldcro, you're right it was your first choice wasn't it. To be honest, deciding between Nara Bronze /Aribica and Stornoway / Ebony was unbelievably difficult. My girlfriend and I managed to find two decent photos of each colour on the net and then had them side by side and discussed ad nauseum. We actually went to the dealer without having made a firm decision. And then, once there, we got the swatches out and compared everything (plus their NB D4, a grey Rangies), had a chat about "being different" and - gulp - went for brown... huh, I mean [i]Nara Bronze[/i]!

Viper, glad to hear the NB paint made a good impression on you in the showroom. It's very good we don't all drive around in the exact same colour, the world sure would be a boring place. And I am hoping Nara Bronze will be less attractive to thieves. Rolling with laughter

FYI, the dealer reckoned that after 3 years a Nara Bronze could be worth up to £3k less than an equivilant black or grey RRS. So, you can't say I wasn't warned... Whistle L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #275897 Mon Sep 13 2010 11:06am
oldcro

Scotland 

No apology needed ilard, I thought hard about the Nara Bronze but did not like the Aribica interior so went for what I thought was the safer route.

I'm sure you and your girlfriend will be delighted with the RRS when it arrives, especially with the options chosen. So enjoy, have fun and be safe.

Last edited by oldcro on Sat Sep 18 2010 4:57pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #275900 Mon Sep 13 2010 11:47am
oldcro

Scotland 

No apology needed ilard, I thought hard about the Nara Bronze but did not like the Aribica interior so went for what I thought was the safer route.

I'm sure you and your girlfriend will be delighted with the RRS when it arrives, especially with the options chosen. So enjoy, have fun and be safe.

Last edited by oldcro on Sat Sep 18 2010 4:58pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #275901 Mon Sep 13 2010 11:47am
oldcro

Scotland 

Sorry, my posts are repeated twice for some reason. This time I'll be extra careful and see what happens.

Post #275905 Mon Sep 13 2010 12:40pm
Aitchy

United Kingdom 

as you can see from my details below, this is a great choice IMO Thumbs Up My 2010MY RRS 3.0 TDV6SE is Nara Bronze with Almond leather, straight grain walnut trim, 20" 15 spoke alloy's, mood lighting and power fold mirrors Gone

Post #275909 Mon Sep 13 2010 1:09pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Saw a D4 in Nara yesterday and really liked it so with someone mentioning good discounts on last of current RRS models got me thinking Confused

Fancy a Nara RRS with arabica interior if the price is right but wondering about popularity of NB when I come to change - I usually go black/grey, playing it safe and worry NB might be a minority choice - interested in thoughts Thumbs Up

Is it like marmite Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #377199 Sun Mar 17 2013 6:13pm
defender_uk

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

i think Nara Bronze is really nice and have been thinking about that next....unless they bring back Bournville.... Razz

Post #377200 Sun Mar 17 2013 6:18pm
Sag

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

It's a great colour for the RRS LCFC. Receiver of threatening letters from Overfinch.

Post #377207 Sun Mar 17 2013 7:05pm
abcsworld

France 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Good choice for arabica leather. That is what I took in my 2012 HSE. I hesitated between grey and nara bronze and ..went with Grey, but Nara Bronze is cool looking too. Thumbs Up

Post #377211 Sun Mar 17 2013 7:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>