RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Will 19" HSE alloys fit on a Defender?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

BIG DJ

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Will 19" HSE alloys fit on a Defender?

As title really!

Anyone know the answer? Thumbs Up

Post #275156 Wed Sep 01 2010 2:21pm
AlexMckie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Not without adapters.... I'm afraid....

Post #275158 Wed Sep 01 2010 3:07pm
Streaky

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Alaska White

Me thinks a bit more body work might be needed as well. Adaptors will only correct the stud pattern etc.....but rims that are 3 inches bigger might cause all sorts of rubbing problems as well.
Whats the off-set of the rims that you want to fit? I think the turning circle will also be as big as a football pitch!

Post #275159 Wed Sep 01 2010 3:21pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Yes they will fit as long as you have the D3/RRS adapters (about £400 for a set of four).

Clearance on bodywork is OK too but may rub on extremes when heavily loaded off road Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #275160 Wed Sep 01 2010 4:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BIG DJ

Thanks guys Thumbs Up

Post #275162 Wed Sep 01 2010 5:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Post a pic when you have fitted them DJ! I've just fitted a set of Anthracite ZU's to my 90

Click image to enlarge

and a set of 20" Stormers have just arrived for the FFRR
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #275167 Wed Sep 01 2010 7:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DMike

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

20" wheels will fit a Defender..... Just! Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Has been converted to air suspension, and that was as low as it would go, sitting on the bump stops :lol:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #275169 Wed Sep 01 2010 7:23pm
BIG DJ

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Post a pic when you have fitted them DJ! I've just fitted a set of Anthracite ZU's to my 90
Click image to enlarge

and a set of 20" Stormers have just arrived for the FFRR

The stormers look lovely Tim Thumbs Up

I don't have a Defender. Just changed my 19's to 20's and a guy at work was looking at buying them for a defender he's rebuilding.

Last edited by BIG DJ on Wed Sep 01 2010 7:58pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #275173 Wed Sep 01 2010 7:55pm
BIG DJ

Is the EPB Censored ed already on the FF. Had to put a brick under the wheel? Laughing

Post #275174 Wed Sep 01 2010 7:57pm
Tim in Scotland

If you look closely at the wheel there are also no wheelnuts holding it onto the car it was just placed against the 19" wheel that was on the car.............................. the single wheel braking device was necessary to stop the wheel rolling away during photography! If you take a look at this thread over on FullFatRR you can see the fun I had with all the wheel designs that are in my garage and seeing which look good with the FullFat..........................
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic2892.html 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #275179 Wed Sep 01 2010 8:14pm
BIG DJ

Laughing I didn't notice that. Just a few in the garage Tim!

Post #275181 Wed Sep 01 2010 8:56pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

tim
they look huge on the car, is it just a combination of access hight an perspective? great wheels Thumbs Up ,best design ever imho!

btw where is your ship just now, i use shipAIS to keep track of boats passing by the window!

cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #275185 Wed Sep 01 2010 11:22pm
Tim in Scotland

Codfather - I'm between ships at the moment, on my holidays, however the last ship Maersk Sydney arrives in Balboa Panama tomorrow noon'ish. The two "next ships" that have been mentioned for November appointment are Maersk Sarnia which is in mid-Pacific, west bound to Yokohama/Tokyo (ETA Yokohamam 8th September) at the moment and the other one is Maersk Miami, currently at Mina Sulman (the port for Bahrain). Take the AIS that you see over the internet with a pinch of salt - for security reasons real time AIS is not generally broadcast on public access websites. If you have an iPhone then one of the better shiptracker apps is Shipfinder which is real time.
BTW I don't work on any boats, they are all ships................................... I sail on a boat for pleasure though, just remember ships carry boats (lifeboats and tenders on passenger ships), boats cannot carry a ship..........

Re the wheels - yes the FullFat was parked at access mode - I always lower my cars when I park them - it helps avoid battery drain problems 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #275198 Thu Sep 02 2010 9:24am
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

tim, thanks for the tip on the battery, i had no idea that could happen, i tend to keep mine in normal hight as i thought it might go wrong if i kept playing with the selector!

the boats i mentioned are fishing boats, who for obvious reasons tend to switch off their beacons so no one knows where they are!
i see it is all maersk ships you are on, we use nofolkline (now DFDS) for our european deliveries

cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #275210 Thu Sep 02 2010 12:14pm
Tim in Scotland

Coastal fishing boats are not legally required to carry AIS which is a more likely reason for them not having one! It was something foisted on us by the Americans after 9/11 and it's a pain in the butt, I switch ours off whenever possible to stop my less competent officers from using it for anti-collision purposes, they get taught everything about it at Marine School, except the shortcomings and dangers of using it for anything other than an information system. It is a brilliant system when used properly, but very dangerous when used for purposes that it was not designed for, in the hands of the inexperienced. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #275213 Thu Sep 02 2010 1:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>