RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Question to owners of 10 Spoke Shadow Chrome wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Roland

Switzerland 
Question to owners of 10 Spoke Shadow Chrome wheels

One my OEM 10 spoke shadow chrome wheels has sufferered from a major stonechip and needs some refurbishing/repainting but not one of the paintshops in my area seems to be able to exactly match that colour. They can do standard silver, anthrazite, gun metal whatever but they all say they wont be able to exactly reproduce that special shadow chrome shine. effect Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Is somebody out there who has managed to have a shadow chrome wheel repainted? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #275642 Thu Sep 09 2010 8:47am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Yes I had 2 done. Both on same side of car and so I havn't done a side by side comparison but they look the same. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #275649 Thu Sep 09 2010 12:44pm
Roland

Switzerland 

I am glad to hear that, VA!

Would be helpful to know if the paintshop has "measured" and mixed the colour or did they get the original paint from LR? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #275651 Thu Sep 09 2010 1:06pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

No idea - when I asked him to do the work he wasn't too fussed about it and said he knew all about LR wheels. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #275665 Thu Sep 09 2010 2:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1