RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Interesting observation re my 3rd party hand held sat nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 
Interesting observation re my 3rd party hand held sat nav

I've now got my Sport.... What a car ! , words fail me, makes my previous xc90 seem leagues away in terms of build quality, cache, style etc. Bigger than what I expected too, 3 large kids in the back and 1.5 costco trolleys worth of shopping in the boot. You boys are right about the looks you get too.

Any how, I went for a bit of a drive today and was curious to see if the handheld sat nav worked through the front heated screen, frankly it struggled.. Now you have to be aware that I've got the SE spec, so instead of the screen under the dash at the top of the centre console i've got a recessed tray.. well I placed the satnav upright in the back of the tray which lies under the lip of the dash and to my surprise the unit picked up full strength signals from 8 satelites- from under the dash! .. My only conclusion is that the satnav external aerial is wired into this area and i was picking up its signal..

Those of you with GPS devices that have struggled through the front screen might like to try placing the receiver as near to the underside of the top/front dash and see if it makes any difference to the reception.

The sat nav I have is the mio. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #20581 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:40pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

That's good to know - could you let us know the mio model number for reference. What colour is your RRS? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #20583 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:45pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Fill in your RRS profile info BoldyGo - go on go on go on Mr. Green Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #20586 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

He only wants you to confirm yet another Black RRS in Surrey! Don't do it, don't do it! Laughing

I have never had any problems with my Ipaq PDA with GPS sleeve in the same place. I have just bought myself an Indago system and hope to get it "plumbed" into the slot. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Mar 25 2006 9:03pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #20588 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Tim - Please stop spoiling my fun. Crying or Very sad Wink Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #20589 Sat Mar 25 2006 6:52pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Righty ho fellas, profile now updated - you'll be pleased to see my RRS is not black ... and the Mio model is the Mio 269, see the link for spec:-

http://www.satnav-deals.co.uk/mitac_mio_269.htm P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #20606 Sat Mar 25 2006 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1