RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sat nav system - updates & how to access CD drive?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Sat nav system - updates & how to access CD drive?

We have just purchased a 7 week old demonstrator TDV6 SE with the satnav system. I don't yet have a manual for the system. I've found the unit is mounted under the passenger seat (by following the sounds), but how to do you access it? The front of the unit is behind a panel that is fitted to the seat. I've only tried in poor light, but I couldn't work out how this panel is removed or opened to access the sat nav unit.
What I really wanted to do is remove the disk so I can see the age of it. The sat nav system did not know about the new M4 J13 (A34) rework that was opened nearly a year ago now. Does anyone know how often Land Rover release updated CDs and how much they cost? Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1146 Sat Jul 23 2005 10:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Sat nav system - No 'bong' and volume?

Also, does anyone know if you can remove the 'bong' before a voice announcement from the sat nav?
I also struggling with the volume of the voice annoucements. This seems to be set with the volume the stereo is or last left at. The trouble is that the sat nav annoucements are too loud. If you have your music loud, then the sat nav annoucements are so much louder they distort and vibrate the speakers. If you have your stereo off, you have to turn it on, adjust the volume and then turn the stereo off again to make a change to the sat nav volume. I don't have a manual, but there must be a way to set a default volume on the sat nav? Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1187 Mon Jul 25 2005 3:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com for manuals.

Yes, there is a way to set an offset for the voice volume. Only problem is if you use the AUX port... as it's volume is too low. Even with the voice at the lowest settings, it is still too loud when your volume is high enough to make AUX listenable.

Post #1190 Mon Jul 25 2005 5:04pm
SoCal

United States 

I've got a RRS HSE in the US. When the Navigation announcements are playing, you can use the stereo volume knob to raise or lower the volume. That level will then set the volume for the Navigation.

When playing the stereo, the same volume knob can be used to set the music volume.

In my experience, the last setting for the Navigation remains for the Nav, and the last setting for the stereo remains for the stereo. In other words, I can set the Nav at low volume (for both the "beep tone" and the digital voice) and the music at high volume, and each retains its own separate volume level when switching back and forth through voice commands.

Post #1798 Sat Aug 20 2005 3:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1