RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Timed Climate FBH activation for 2010 RRS with nav.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Sorry no remote tuning for the 3.0l. for diagnostics Blackbox solutions ir the place to look at the MSV2.

Pete

Post #327864 Thu Jan 12 2012 6:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Supacat wrote:
Did anyone go for this and get the remote activation plipper also?
Hi Supercat. As i understand it you have to have a reciever fitted to the FBH. There are sellers on Ebay that are saying the plipper is all you need. I had the plipper and the reciever made by Webasto and i could not get them to work.Webasto say they connot wrk on RRS as the have too complicated wireing( Can Bus) and all that jazz. Big Cry Big Cry
Just checking mine out after finding a copy of the generic manual online for the Webasto hand-held transmitter Telestart T91. I can't seem to make mine work as per the manual:

[Checking the Mode
Simultaneously depress and hold down the ON and OFF buttons.
LED illuminates:
red = heating mode
green = ventilating mode
LED extinguishes:
–when the buttons are released, or after 10 seconds

Mine only flashes green on plipping and pressing both buttons simultaneously does nothing.

Mode setting
Depress the ON and OFF buttons simultaneously twice
within one second.
Upon the second actuation, the LED will change its colour and illuminate until the buttons are released.
The new mode is stored when the button is released.

Again, mine does nothing when I do this?

Checking the Operating Time
Simultaneously actuate the ON and OFF buttons within one second three times in rapid succession.
NOTE:
The first coded flashing signal that is emitted immediately upon the third actuation of both buttons has to be included into the count.
The LED flashes in accordance with the preset operating time.
No. of coded
flashing signals 1 2 3 4 5 6
Operating time 10 min. 20 min. 30 min. 40 min. 50 min. 60 min.
No. of coded
flashing signals 7 8 9 10 11 12
Operating time 70 min. 80 min. 90 min. 100 min. 110 min. 120 min.

Again, mine does nothing.

The only difference i can see is that the unit is branded as a Landrover unit rather than Webasto. There was a paper sticker on the back of the unit that confirms it is a T91 unit.
 itisme

Post #327987 Fri Jan 13 2012 5:04pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

The landrover kit works as per the book, not the T91 kit as they are different.

Pete

Post #327993 Fri Jan 13 2012 5:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Harry - I can confirm after the cold weather this weekend, my system works perfectly on the remote plipper.

Post #328193 Sun Jan 15 2012 7:02pm
harrygh60

Supacat wrote:
Harry - I can confirm after the cold weather this weekend, my system works perfectly on the remote plipper.

Hi Supercat, Glad to hear that. Am i right in saying your Y/M is 06 Mine is a 2008, 2.7 HSE And would love to have remote control on FBH. Didn't like going out onto the drive to start car, to get the FBH to operate and Defrost everything.It was -3 here on Sat and Sun. Has your car got a reciever ot does it work with just the Plipper Harry itisme

Post #328257 Mon Jan 16 2012 9:50am
harrygh60

[quote="harrygh60"]

Supacat wrote:

Hi Supercat, Glad to hear that. Am i right in saying your Y/M is 06 Mine is a 2008, 2.7 HSE And would love to have remote control on FBH. Didn't like going out onto the drive to start car, to get the FBH to operate and Defrost everything.It was -3 here on Sat and Sun. Has your car got a reciever ot does it work with just the Plipper Harry[/quote
Hi supercat i have mixed you up with Mark, with regards to 06 model. Sorry about that. His question was about FBH operation also. itisme

Post #328300 Mon Jan 16 2012 3:57pm
Supacat

Harry - mine's a MY10 TDV8.

I have the remote plipper plus I can set the system in advance from the Timed Climate menu on the touch screen.

When using the plipper it just turns the FBH on, heats the coolant and operates the heater blowers on the screen. It runs for 30 mins before switching itself off.

I watched the system the other morning when we had heavy frost and ice on the screen; within 5 mins it had made a real impact in melting the ice and within 10 mins i could have driven off quite safely. I pressed the plipper at about 20 mins to switch it off and jumped in the car 5 mins later. Whilst the interior temp was not hot it was a fair few degrees above ambient.

I don't know if te system has a default temp setting or whether it would make any difference if the car had been last used with the auto temp setting at maximum?

I forgot to look at the water temp guage but assume that this would have shot straight up to normal range directly on starting the engine/ignition...

Post #328547 Wed Jan 18 2012 10:01am
chesterfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Made a visit to Pete at Bell Auto Services today, had the software updated.

Nice to meet you Pete, didnt hang about in York long as it was bloody freezing, so decided home in front of the fire and TV was a much better idea Laughing

Have now set the climate and alarm clock to get up and watch it do its job - how sad Laughing Embarassed RRS 3.0D HSE 11MY - Fuji White, a few extras.

Post #331031 Sat Feb 04 2012 6:04pm
swalker900

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

chesterfield wrote:
Made a visit to Pete at Bell Auto Services today, had the software updated.

Nice to meet you Pete, didnt hang about in York long as it was bloody freezing, so decided home in front of the fire and TV was a much better idea Laughing

Have now set the climate and alarm clock to get up and watch it do its job - how sad Laughing Embarassed

Going to get mine done too - did you get remote activated and hardware to work? MY2010 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt silver/Ebony/walnut, privacy, side steps, rubber mats and standard otherwise...

Post #331040 Sat Feb 04 2012 7:16pm
chesterfield

Had the system enabled for remote, but the parts for that are due for delivery to me on Monday - Pete showed me where and how to install them once I get them. Thumbs Up

Looking forward to testing it out during the current cold snap Smile RRS 3.0D HSE 11MY - Fuji White, a few extras.

Post #331083 Sun Feb 05 2012 12:38am
chesterfield

Timed climate failed to come on on Sunday (but wasnt going out in the morning anyway so it made no difference). This was due to it saying low battery start car. Pete did advise it sounded like the battery was struggling a little. It has only done short trips until recently, so with that and the 3 inch of snow on Sunday, the battery probably did struggle.

After a run out later that day, the timed climate worked a charm this morning, defrosting the whole screen and certainly taking the edge off the cold temperature when we got in this morning.

Have also just fitted the remote components, and although very fiddly, it can be done without removing the interior section, it just requires pulling away from the side of the car slightly. My fingers, which resemble a pack of pork sausages did struggle slightly, but I got it done in the end, with the receiver sitting nicely in the rear quarterlight.

Did not need to remove the fuse, just as long as I pressed the "off" button within 4 seconds of clipping the cable into the unit it synchronised and now works a treat. Thumbs Up

If only there were an option to blow the exhaust from the FBH onto the windscreen of the other car on the drive Laughing RRS 3.0D HSE 11MY - Fuji White, a few extras.

Post #331454 Tue Feb 07 2012 2:50pm
Supacat

chesterfield wrote:
If only there were an option to blow the exhaust from the FBH onto the windscreen of the other car on the drive Laughing

Could be done Laughing

Post #331656 Wed Feb 08 2012 4:30pm
RRS_Finland

Finland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bourneville

Hi,

Greetings from Finland!

My RRS 2011 HSE has the FBH and my local independent LR service guy activated the timed climate, the parking heater and remote radio (so can later install the remote radio module) options in the CCF. My center display looks like picture #2 of the original post.

We could not figure out how to activate the "Manual heat" and "Manual vent" buttons like can be seen in picture #3 of the original post.

Any ideas? Not very feasible to drive to UK Very Happy

Which GENUINE parts do I need to order to get the remote radio module and the remote "Blips"?

Thanks,
A-P

Post #555677 Thu May 03 2018 3:00pm
RRS_Finland

Finland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bourneville

Answering my own question...

Today I found out by accident that the display needs to be activated from the radio on/off button and not the engine start/stop button to have the "Manual heat" and "Manual vent" buttons active in the timed climate screen.

Regards,
A-P

Post #555693 Thu May 03 2018 6:00pm
Ristovu

Finland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Hi!

Englanniksi, että muutkin ymmärtäisivät. <-that is finnish:)

Thank you for your information, I got the "manual heat" on at the first time for 2,5 years that I have owned the vehicle.

Have you found repair manual for RRS 2010-2012?

Risto

Post #564423 Mon Sep 03 2018 9:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>