RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Lookers 3 Peaks Challenge Next Weekend
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Lookers Park Royal

Lookers 3 Peaks Challenge Next Weekend

Dear all,

For those of you that know Matthew and Barry from the sales team, you may be interested to know that they will be attempting the '3 peaks' of Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon in 24 hours (inc traveling between!). This is being carried out in support of the Shooting Star Children's Hospice in Hampton Middlesex. Thumbs Up

Myself and our Marketing Manager Nick will be 'support crew' and will be setting off from London next Saturday night. We are unsure of exactly which car parks we are starting from, however a rough idea of where we will be and when is as follows:

Sun 18th - Ben Nevis 5pm to 10pm
Mon 19th - Scafell Pike 5am to 10am
Mon 19th - Snowden 1pm to 5pm (fingers crossed).

If you would like to read more information about the event or would like to support a worthy cause such as the Shooting Stars Hospice then please click on this link: www.justgiving.com/lookersmattandbaz Wink

James Thumbs Up

Post #271017 Sat Jul 10 2010 10:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Good luck guys, hope it all goes well.
London to Ben Nevis........................ work on 11-12 hours driving time at this time of the year! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #271027 Sat Jul 10 2010 12:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Best of luck lads, which one of you is driving to the top of Ben Nevis? Very Happy Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #271037 Sat Jul 10 2010 6:00pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Rather you than me lads. But best of luck. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #271038 Sat Jul 10 2010 8:30pm
Lookers Park Royal

Cheers guys! I will be driving as far as I legally can (probably to the visitors car park!).

Mis, I'm on the north side of Hurst Castle if you want to pick me up in the Sunseeker at about 10am tomorrow!!

James Thumbs Up

Post #271039 Sat Jul 10 2010 9:09pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

James would love to, but am to busy driving around in the series with the roof and windscreen down. Thumbs Up

Post #271058 Sun Jul 11 2010 8:49am
Lookers Park Royal

http://www.lookerslandroverlondon.co.uk/Ne...lenge.aspx

Post #271121 Mon Jul 12 2010 2:47pm
Lookers Park Royal

Dear all,

Just a quick reminder that we will be setting off tomorrow (Saturday) for the 3 Peaks Challenge in aid of the Shooting Star Childrens Hospice Very Happy

It's not too late to support this worthwhile cause by clicking the following link. Any donation however small (or large) would be very much appreciated, and would assist the Hospice greatly. It is a very simple process, so please click here http://www.justgiving.com/LookersMattAndBaz . Thumbs Up

The weather is meant to be appauling this weekend, therefore it will make a challenge and even bigger one! Whistle

Thanks for your support,

James Thumbs Up

Post #271422 Fri Jul 16 2010 10:47am
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like hell of a challange, good luck & all the best. Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #271438 Fri Jul 16 2010 12:42pm
Lookers Park Royal

JC1 many thanks Wink

I think it will be a tough 24 hours!

James Shocked

Post #271439 Fri Jul 16 2010 12:55pm
Tim in Scotland

James - the weather has been awful up here - there has been quite a lot of flooding on the higher sections of the M74 so take care. Give me a phone when you get up towards Stirling I'll come over and meet you for progress photos! Won't be able to drive up to Ben Nevis as I am going quad-biking on Sunday morning (and not looking forward to it!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #271444 Fri Jul 16 2010 1:30pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

best of luck them - I've done it twice myself and aswel as a physical challenger, it also messes your head up being awake and working hard for that length of time (I could never sleep while in the van).

James - its a nice opportunity to see the area yourself too as a driver - the guys who have driven us before had a nice time in Fort William and around Snowdon.

Scafell however is a horrible hill (yes hill) - been on top of it twice in the dark when its howling with wind & rain - i don't like that hill at all

Kaine

Post #271446 Fri Jul 16 2010 1:47pm
Rudskibaliblu

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Unfotunately the weather has been awful here too trees have been blown down and flooding. Heavy rain forecast on the fells all w end but it will help keep you cool hope youv'e got good waterproofs. But most of all good luck Thumbs Up Bow down The roads down to Wasdale are spectacular and watch out for the Sheep Now gone Orkney grey SDV6 HSE with body style kit contrast stitch ebony leather, privacy, black piano, 22" Lowenharts for summer, 20" with Leon LTZ for winter.
Here 110 black edition defender.

Post #271449 Fri Jul 16 2010 1:52pm
Lookers Park Royal

Many thanks all! Yes, the weather is looking pretty bad, however the guys are still up for it!

Thanks for the donations, we've now broken through the target that we had set.

Tim - Should be near Stirling lunchtime on Sunday so will give you a shout (with a little notice) and perhaps we could meet near the M74? Will need to be a quick visit unless you fancy tailing us to Ben Nevis (or leading)??? Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #271452 Fri Jul 16 2010 2:10pm
Tim in Scotland

James, will be up in Crieff 1045/1145 as was given a "taster" hour of quadbiking and have to use the vouchers by 25th July........................ I think you have my mobile number, if not let me know and I'll pm it. BTW if you are planning a fuel stop at the M9 services at Stirling, the fuel is at the Shell place in Bannockburn and at Morrison's Land Rover's filling station 2 miles into town was 3p a litre cheaper! There is also a Sainsbury just off the M9 at J10 which is cheaper than Granada/Moto 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #271454 Fri Jul 16 2010 2:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>