RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Lookers (Bishops Stortford)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RussRRS

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Lookers (Bishops Stortford)

Well where to start, have been waiting for my 56 RRS for the last 6 weeks as it was a trade in from a repeat customer, car arrived monday monday and i checked the car over and was well impressed, gave them a list of extras that i wanted fitted before tomorrows hand over and all were in stock and booked to be fitted. So 915 this morning i get the call, Errr Mr Mitchell, its Lookers here are finance company has failed to pay us for your car so we cant release it till monday/ tuesday at the latest, also the iphone cradle is out of stock, the boot liner is also out of stock and it needs to new tyres which we will have in stock tue.

I was ment to go to france fishing for a few days in it tomorrow but am now stuck using my nissan tank. not happy with the service at lookers and the fact they knew about the finance money not being paid as of wednesday has really Censored me off Big Cry

Post #258266 Fri Mar 05 2010 6:57pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Ask them for one of their courtesy cars and point them in the direction of this forum - it sometimes helps! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #258267 Fri Mar 05 2010 7:04pm
RussRRS

tried that got offer a Ka??? for the most part of the day they have ignored my calls, all i got was the very sweet sounding but not all there receptionist telling me oh she is with a customer, i no LR sales are up but a customer from 930am till 4pm??? lol

Post #258268 Fri Mar 05 2010 7:08pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Sounds like terrible service - if you James at Lookers Park Royal reads this I'm sure he'll bring it to the attention of group HQ. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #258269 Fri Mar 05 2010 7:10pm
tornado34

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Man that sucks!!

You should have insisted on a loaner - afterall, you have done nothing wrong and it doesn't cost them a thing. Furthermore, all us RRS owners have now heard about their service. Sure you'd have been on here singing their praises then.

Is there no customer service or love left in companies? Big Cry

It's all too easy, I had the same with a new Porsche that developed a problem after one week and it had to stay in over the first weekend - they loaned me a knackered, smelly ten year old 5 series diesel estate - my they knew how to make me feel special and looked after Thumbs Up Never went back nor did any of my dinner party friends.

Dealers must get with it - or they will pay the ultimate cost and they wonder why there is no loyalty anymore. Answers on a postcard.

NB, exception of James from Lookers who is always on the ball and receiving compliments on here Bow down

Post #258270 Fri Mar 05 2010 7:12pm
RussRRS

heres hoping, cant really fault them on anything else but to be told a car that you have waited for and were all set to be outside there doors at 9am tomorrow is not ready because they never sent the invoice to the finance company till thurs kinda feels like a kick in the nuts, wouldn't be to bad if it was the Mrs 530 i was picking up tomorrow lol

Post #258271 Fri Mar 05 2010 7:13pm
zoo

United Kingdom 

hey mate - I have a BIG one coming up...

My car was in a "dealer" for all last week. And the week before - for a week.

Unknown to them - I have a concealed roadhawk system fitted - has recorded everything whilst the car was moved or on the test bed.
Including sound.

I'm not quite sure what my next move is. The car was abused, but not quite as much as the abuse that was meated out by a particular employee, to other employees - of different ethnic origin you might say.

I also have what seems like a middle eastern sound recoding of what I assume is a prayer, or chant, or (anything) - whilst the car is being moved between park firma and 'extended roadtest". All drivers are indentified in the recordings.

I have toiled with this for the last few days. Walk into the dealership with my laptop and put it in front of the DP?
Walk into the nearest police station and make a complaint?
Give it to an investigative journalist?

I"m not going to post again, but will look at any advice giving.

It has sickened me. Can't stop thinking about it and the way that some

Post #258354 Sat Mar 06 2010 12:50am
RussRRS

wow Shocked Shocked seriously? id go to the MD or boss at the dealers first mate, if thats going on in the dealership they really need to no, as for the chanting when my M3 went to BMW for the last service before i sold it i found a prayer matt in the boot??? id defo go and see the dealer first but on the quite side and if they seem uninterested id go to the local paper and let them decide

Post #258396 Sat Mar 06 2010 4:51pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

If I found a prayer mat in my car I would def def lose it.....I'd be pi****d.... how they could ease my situation based on someones religious beliefs - it's like finding a Kosher Shopping Bag in a UAE RRS....I can't begin to explain how upset I would be.

Post #258416 Sat Mar 06 2010 8:20pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

What's wrong with a prayer mat? Would you complain if you found a crucifix? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #258417 Sat Mar 06 2010 8:26pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

No, i wouldn't complain if I found a crucifix, but certain things I would be more upset at about than others....

Post #258428 Sat Mar 06 2010 10:51pm
BKHK

Australia 

I would be mad if I found any quasi religious items in my car as I am a militant athiest.

I can't begin to fathom that people in the 21st century believe in some kind of prophet that wants them to go and kill everyone who doesn't have a towel on their head or that a woman could become pregnant without knowing she had either been shagged or inseminated with a syringe, gave birth to a baby Jesus who then grew up, got stoned to death then came back to life. Laughing

Then, there is some big bloke in the sky beyond the clouds who knows everything and is nice and kind. When he is not kind, the religious nutters tell us its because we have free will! Rolling with laughter

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Post #258431 Sun Mar 07 2010 1:15am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Laughing

Post #258435 Sun Mar 07 2010 7:32am
RussRRS

Very Annoyed wrote:
What's wrong with a prayer mat? Would you complain if you found a crucifix?

It wasnt the fact that it was in there that Censored me off the most it was the fact that they were only ment to service it but it had a clocked up 30+ miles in a day and thats more than a simple test drive, when i returned the matt i asked the service guy why it was there, he gave a pretty blunt rude answer and to be honest the more truth sounding 1 that the technician had most likely gone to mosque in the car Shocked , last time any of my cars went to BMW enfield.

Post #258442 Sun Mar 07 2010 10:32am
NickM

United Kingdom 

If my car had gone to a mosque....it would need more than clay.......

Post #258445 Sun Mar 07 2010 11:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>