RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Final Build Qaulity
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Biggles

England 
Final Build Qaulity

After finally getting some time to sit with my new Sport.
Things I have noticed.

The rubber seal for the electrics between the doors and the car body none are sealed and are a pain to position to stop water ingress. (fixed by me)

Drivers side lower exterior door trim loose, (fixed by our own fitters)

Rear passenger side door window seal not seated correctly, (fixed by our own fitters)

Hopefully this list does not grow but I would have expected better on a premium brand car. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1133 Sat Jul 23 2005 11:03am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
RRS build quality

We've had our RRS sport for a week now. We purchased the local dealer's demonstrator model which was 7 weeks old and had done 3,000 miles.

So far, I'm generally impressed with the build quality - much better than any other Land Rover product. However, I would have to agree that it probably isn't as good as a £43K German car.

We have a faulty headlamp. One lamp doesn't work, but does occasionally decide to come on for a few seconds. It seems like a loose connection somewhere. However, the xeon lamps are so good, driving with only one headlamp working, is about the same as driving with two conventional headlamps! It will be going back this week for a fix under the warranty.

Ours also has loose trim on the left side of the boot. This is the trim that has the power outlet socket. It could be the retaining clips are broken as the trim isn't sitting home tightly. Maybe this has been removed at some time and something has broken. It doesn't look good when you open the boot.

Also, I'm not very impressed with the way the rear hatch shuts. Both the top section and the whole hatch needs quite a hard slam to shut it properly and then it feels like it is shutting on badly adjusted catches. However, another car I have tried is the same. I doesn't feel like the rear hatch is shutting on rubber seals to dampen the shock. It feels crude and cheap. It also seems to be putting too much stress on the two hatches which may cause problems in the future. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1142 Sat Jul 23 2005 10:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simon

United Kingdom 

Had mine for 7 weeks and 5,500 miles now and (touch wood) all seems well.

The day after delivery I had to take it back for them to reset the service 'miles to' indicator that was suggesting the 1st service was overdue, and for the inconvenience I was given a boot liner. The only other problems related to the PTI which has been done to death on this site and which is now working fine; lets say possible operator error Rolling Eyes

Still getting 21mpg overall with best and worst on a tank of 19.8 and 24.4 and the V8 (not s/c) does sound rather good Very Happy

Post #1181 Mon Jul 25 2005 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1