RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > RRS TDV6 HSE FOR SALE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah i agree.. police should be allowed to make contact and just take them off the road, before they run into an innocent by passer.. my friend was telling me about that Volvo chase, its ridiculous and its scary as it could happen to any of us!

My brother in law is also spending about £8k getting, walls, gates, lighting and cctv put up around his driveway, his Golf V6 4motion got nicked one early evening last year by a 'smash and grab job' so its a concern. He lives in a nice area and there are nice cars all over the place, but they just wanted his particular car. Luckily he had tracker, and police were bored that night, had the car pinned down in 3 hours and got arrests out of it.. luckily they had stripped the car to such an extent that it was an insurance right off, so he got a payout, but the grief and concern caused was really bad. He is a gp and on the keys were his house keys, and his practice keys, so they had to change locks for EVERYTHING!! cost a few grand for the insurance company, but it was requested by the police so no problems with claim fortunately.

Post #21642 Thu Mar 30 2006 11:47am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Wow... I guess I've just been really lucky to manage to avoid that kind of stuff then. Never had anything nicked, been burgled etc... saying that, I'll probably get home to find my house empty! Wink

It amazes me that this country never seems to want to do anything to help its citizens (like you said Kam "the police were bored", so they went after it). You really have to wonder where the priorities are of the people who run this country..... Crying or Very sad 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #21645 Thu Mar 30 2006 11:55am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I heard a completely true story from the wife the other day, a work colleague had his car nicked, it was 2 weeks old. Somehow by pure luck he found it parked on a street. He rang the Police, they refused to attend. He went away to get help, came back it was gone.

He staked out the house and the car came back, he called the police again and asked them what thye were going to do about it...nothing.

He personally arranged a tow truck and took it away, his insurance company agreed to pay for some damage that was done to the car, having previously offered him £1k less than he paid to replace it when it was still missing.

So:

Police are CRAP, they don't care and why we pay taxes to support them I don't know, most of them are bent too.

Insurance companies are snakes, fancy offering £1000 less than you had paid only 2 weeks before for a brand new car?

Scandalous. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #21646 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:01pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I upgraded my TRACKER device to SEEK & ELIMINATE

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #21647 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:02pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

My mate had a M3 and 3 guy got in his house to try and get the keys luckily they got f**k all. The worst thing is he lives NEXT door to a cop shop may be a small one by still. Just goes to show they dont give a F**K what they have to do to get it if they want it.

Oh and he has two of the scariest dogs i have ever seen RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #21648 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:04pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
Yeah i agree.. police should be allowed to make contact and just take them off the road, before they run into an innocent by passer..

Only problem is, who do they take out when they take the car out? Could be pedestrian, house, other car etc.

I do think that they should all carry batons and use them...injured or not Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #21649 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:08pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
I heard a completely true story from the wife the other day, a work colleague had his car nicked, it was 2 weeks old. Somehow by pure luck he found it parked on a street. He rang the Police, they refused to attend. He went away to get help, came back it was gone.

He staked out the house and the car came back, he called the police again and asked them what thye were going to do about it...nothing.

He personally arranged a tow truck and took it away, his insurance company agreed to pay for some damage that was done to the car, having previously offered him £1k less than he paid to replace it when it was still missing.

So:

Police are CRAP, they don't care and why we pay taxes to support them I don't know, most of them are bent too.

Insurance companies are snakes, fancy offering £1000 less than you had paid only 2 weeks before for a brand new car?

Scandalous. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

That is truly unbelievable... but strangely believable. Mad 

Post #21651 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:10pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

GAP INS Exclamation 

Post #21653 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:13pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

My cousins live in a nice residential area in Watford.. the one bought a 318ci cab in summer 2003, and her sister went out and bought an M3 cab with all the options..

Her and her husband went off to australia, and left the car at the parents house. Three nights later, they woke when they heard a noise, there were 7 people in the house! loads of cars on the drive, and they even found the 318ci keys and threw them on the floor, but had no joy finding the M3 keys (they took em to australia with them!).. that really scared everyone in my family, and resulted in my dad trying to talk me out of buying any fancy cars from then on (like that worked)...

Few weeks later, on their return, she came out of her flat to the secure underground car park to find M3 on bricks!! they sold the M3 later that day back to the Bmw garage in question for £46k (cost £52k a month and a half earlier!!) they bought a mini cooper instead! were going to buy a cooper S but thought this may get nicked too!

Im going to get two big fat dogs, and a sign on my front door saying "I have a gun!" but so far touch wood, never had anything happen.. once i think some guys in Bham tried to jack me in my 318ci late one night in bham city centre.. but i tend to drive like michael schumacher when i think im in trouble.. and i left them for dust!!

RRUK thats awfull.. if that happens to anyone (i hope it doesn't) give me a call.. i have loads of guys with transporter trucks ever since i've had to cart this damn merc from place to place!!

Post #21654 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:13pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
I upgraded my TRACKER device to SEEK & ELIMINATE

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thumbs Up Did you see there was an Apache gunship for sale on Ebay the other day? 

Post #21656 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:14pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Supertrotter wrote:
kam100 wrote:
Yeah i agree.. police should be allowed to make contact and just take them off the road, before they run into an innocent by passer..

Only problem is, who do they take out when they take the car out? Could be pedestrian, house, other car etc.

I do think that they should all carry batons and use them...injured or not

You're right - that is the argument against it, but clearly as the driver you don't just do this as soon as you want. As in a lot of these situations, you should be able to use your discretion to make a decision that will be supported by your superiors and peers after the event, instead of you finding that all of a sudden you don't have any friends! Mad 

Post #21658 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:17pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Dohh !

You've sussed where I got it from Sad 

Post #21659 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:19pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter I didn't realise, Martin Wink Sorry, I'll go back out here where you can't see me Laughing 

Post #21661 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:21pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

how much was it? £48m?? pah.. mere pocket change..

Post #21662 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:22pm
Pelyma

England 

The police video didn't show the next bit the bloke that was arrested has his little girl there with a brolly and naturally was a bit upset at seeing daddy arrested, another woman goes hell for leather at the cops for having the gall to upset the little girl Shocked I'd have been worried to with that big gay cop behind me too!!

BN sells a product that you can stop your car when you want, so if it gets nicked you apply the brakes and lock the doors when the yobs are out of the way and it has a tracker system too.

Post #21663 Thu Mar 30 2006 12:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>