Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > warranty information
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Hulmey14

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
warranty information

Bit of expert advice needed

Due to upgrade my alloys to 22inch Overfinch Tigers or Hawke could anyone tell me if I will have any problems with the vehicle and if it goes into an approved LR dealer will I have problems claiming on the warranty due to me upsizing the alloys. Reason I ask is, if it will cause problems I will keep the 20inch HSE wheel currently on and if not I can sell them . Also any advice on what tyres I should put on the 22's so to not knacker up the ride completley and where they would recommend me purchasing them from

Post #266553 Wed May 19 2010 2:11pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

If you have a reasonable dealer.....no, it will not affect your warranty.

My dealer even sells 22 overfinchs now.

The ride will be a bit firmer than 20s , choice of tyre will affect little as long as you get decent ones.....I recommend conti's

Post #266557 Wed May 19 2010 2:30pm
Micrometer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

You might have problems you might not it depends on the tyre envelope and side wall stiffness... - theres been numerous threads on here related to this.

I can tell you that it definately will invalidate your LR warranty so make sure you get it in writing from a dealer that they will honour the warranty if something goes wrong. The reason why some people think that it doesnt is that certain theiving stealers like stratstones make a massive profit off selling 22" wheels and then dont tell LR when you get suspension knock or joint damage, air sus issues etc.. so they can get LR to pay for the fix that the wheels they sold caused in the first place. Evil or Very Mad

Alternatively get overfinch to give you something in writing to say that they will honour the manuafacturers warranty for any failure that may be a result of their wheels if LR wont pay - i bet they wont though! Trust me, i'm an Engineer!

Post #267127 Tue May 25 2010 3:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1