RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > New Car Issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pcregeen

New Car Issues

All

I have a problem that occured over the weekend with my new (to me) 05 HSE sport. I went to turn on my cruise control, which was fine, however, when i went to speed up on the button it turned it off and refused to let me turn back on. Then i went to change volume on the stereo via the steering wheel and it changed radio station then when tried again activated the voice control. The steering wheel seems to have entered a little bit of confusion. When I stop the car and turn off its ok then until it seems to "crash again"

Has any one ever encountered anything like this before??

Pete

Post #265558 Mon May 10 2010 9:28am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Not on an RRS, but I did have a car where one of the steering-wheel mounted cruise control buttons would sometimes sound the horn instead - scarred a few drivers on the motorway!

Turned out it was a simple loose connection in the steering wheel wiring. I think the wheel is quite easy to remove and replace, so you might want to check it yourself first for anything obvious before spending money getting it looked at. Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #265560 Mon May 10 2010 9:36am
pcregeen

Reading the Disco3.co.uk web site it seems it is a common problem and could well in fact be the clock spring or "rotary coupler". Something else to add to the list of things to fix LOL.

I will keep the post updated but I have heard now that it was a common fail and was part of a recall at one point so am going to look into that

Pete

Post #265561 Mon May 10 2010 9:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1