RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rock paint chips?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

funnyguy1

United States 2009 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Santorini Black
Rock paint chips?

I stumbled across a rock chip repair system called Dr. Colorchip in AUTOMOBILE magazine. I read some reviews on Google and decided to order it.......to try on my wife's car...I'm not stupid! Anyway, I was very impresed and ordered it for my Sport. The system includes the paint which is mixed per exact color code (mine is #697 or Santorini Black), a brush, latex glove and their propritary disolving solution. You use a little alcohol to remove wax/grime and then dab the paint into the rock chip (s). You immediately smear it using the side of your thumb with the glove pushing it into the chip. You wait 2 minutes and then using the solution use wipe off the excess paint leaving the chip almost invisable to see. With the factory 2 step touch up paint you have to dab on which usually creates a glob and then you are expected to apply the clear lacquer over this. Problem is always the glob factor. With this system there is no glob just a perfectly filled in chip with correct color. There web site is
www,drcolorchip.com
Cheers! Mike mike murphy

Post #265514 Sun May 09 2010 4:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1