RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > OK, maybe I am starting to get "it"....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
OK, maybe I am starting to get "it"....

I have been pretty under whelmed by the RRS (TDv6) to date. Our D3 seemed to do the same stuff and a lot more for less money and the image of the RRS was getting to me. However, after 5,000 miles in 3 months of ownership, I think the "penny is starting to drop". Today I drove to and from Ambleside over the Hartside Pass on dry roads (but a fair amount of snow on each side and some icey patches). This is my favourite Saturday early morning drive (to get to [url]www.rookerycottages.com [/url]) and I usually take the D3 laden with "stuff". Today I took the RRS as the D3 is making "strange noises". Well, she drove brilliantly. There was a distinct sharpness that is missing in the D3 and the engine is getting noticeably quicker and more willing to rev. On Hartside Pas in particular that translates into a really satisfying drive. Coming up the pass this eveing I had a brand new Audi A3 2.0 tdi in front (with a willing but not especially able driver) and an older Subaru Imprezza boy racer behind (with a typical Imprezza - 20 something - driver at the helm). I was pushing the A3 all the way up, and the Imprezza was trying, but failing to get past. Just before the top there is a great 4x4 short cut (very heavily rutted and a fair bit of snow in them today). I threw caution to the winid and threw the RRS up that - with great effect. Leap frogged the A3 by about 250 metres. Down the other side of the pass the Imprezza overtook the A3 then tried to get past me. Glad to say the sharp road holding in the RRS (added to the great turn of speed on a down hill slope ) Shocked meant the Impreza had no chance .... When I finaly pulled over to let him past (to prevent an accident) he tooted, flashed and thumbed up - I think he had got a real surprise about what the RRS could do. Hey, who knows, I may even keep her now .... RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #18941 Sat Mar 18 2006 10:15pm
DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

Great story and thanks for the vivid description, I was able to picture your journey. My opinion of my RRS is evolving as well, I tested the BMW, Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus before making my final decision. I came real close to buying the ML 500 however I was advised by my Son, who is a technician for Mercedes not to. He and the other techs at their dealership told me they are still having problems, inspite of the redseign. At the end of the day they all, on balance, make a decent SUV however, when I get out of my RRS, lock it and walk away I still look over my shoulder and smile Very Happy

Post #18947 Sat Mar 18 2006 11:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1