RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > resetting bluetooth settings
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

seanv

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
resetting bluetooth settings

sorry if this is a bit long winded but any help would be brilliant.

i have a 55 reg supercharged with the latest software downloaded. i had the common problem of my iphone 3gs not staying paired with my car once i turned the key off. i accidently pressed the 'forget this device' the other day hoping that it might be answer once it re-pairs. unfortunatley now the phone can't find the cars bluetooth device at all. the only help i found i below. does anybody know how to do this to a sport?

These devices use what are called pairing records to store information about the connections and devices. On most headsets, there are no records - the pairing information is stored on the host (iPhone in this case). Car kits are different - most car kits also store pairing records. When you select 'Forget This Device" on the iPhone, it deletes the pairing record from the phone. What it doesn't do is remove any of the records on the car kit device. The result is that the car kit belives it has already 'advertised' to the phone, and doesn't send out advertising connection information. As such, the iPhone doesn't know there is a 'new' device.

This happened to me on my Audi A6. Once I reset the hands-free settings on the car, the pairing auto-magically showed up again allowing me to reconnect. I'd advise you to see if you can locate the car device settings that allow you to reset the bluetooth connections, then try it again

Post #264818 Sat May 01 2010 8:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1