Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Cordless Polisher............Any Good
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Cordless Polisher............Any Good

anyone used one Question

Would you reccomend any particular make Question Or is itbest to use elbow grease Question MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #264217 Sun Apr 25 2010 11:52pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I don't know..... But they have been chatted about on DW

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22654

looks like Cosmo do a look a like Meguiers one but a fraction of the price, and really only suitable for applying glazes not swirl removal

Post #264224 Mon Apr 26 2010 7:18am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

I'd agree, I doubt any cordless polisher has got the necessary grunt to correct any paint but should be fine for applying polish or wax and then buffing up. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #264226 Mon Apr 26 2010 7:44am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Nice as it sounds that cordless ones would do corrective work, but unfortunately, not the case - good for applying and taking off wax - although I prefer to apply it and take it off myself........my satisfaction from a bit of elbow grease......

Post #264232 Mon Apr 26 2010 8:38am
JC1

Thanks for the advice Thumbs Up all - Was only thinking for applying polish/wax & buffing up, not really paint correction so i will mull it over for a while and decide then, for now though elbow grease Big Cry MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #264261 Mon Apr 26 2010 12:14pm
JimWD

Does it have to be Cordless?

If you wanted a machine, your best bet would be to pick up a DA (Dual-Action) like the PC7424, the Kestral, DAS-6 or Meguiars G220.

As others have said, with the cordless, as soon as the pad touches the paint, it would bog down and give very little grunt. (but, if you're only applying glazes and a wax, then, thats fine)

Post #264289 Mon Apr 26 2010 7:34pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

If you get shown how to work with a rotary and a DA - you will see how hard work DA's are - and how they need 4 times as much hard work, and to be honest the results are not as good. My top tip, and doing this with 2 others on here - spend £200 on a really good Rotary - and as you only need to do a correction once a year....it's money well spent.

I went to Elite's shop in Ascot today and got some lovely cloths (Dodo and Zaino ones) and for the first time spent money on products for the interior for a change....

I can't wait to get started......and yes I just spent 15 mins detailing my car before I came in, even after a late night at work, and a meeting that went on very late - it has to be done!!!

Post #264300 Mon Apr 26 2010 9:03pm
JC1

When you say you done 15 minutes detailing before you came in, what do you mean or what did you do in 15 mins. Question MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #264305 Mon Apr 26 2010 9:53pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Because I'm keeping the car pretty clean each day - i use a detailing spray - like Dodo Red Mist Tropical, and just spray on and wipe off all over the car - it can be done in 15 mins - providing there is no dirt that can cause you to scratch the car - it works a treat - just light dust and grime from a days driving, comes off very quickly.....

Post #264306 Mon Apr 26 2010 9:57pm
JC1

Cool, i thought detailing spray was just to be used in conjunction with clay, so is the dodo spray a polish Question MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #264307 Mon Apr 26 2010 10:03pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

You're right the lubes you get with clay are in essence detailer spray - but some detailers spras are just too good to use with clay...as good as Dodo detailer is I also like the Megs detailer - both cost about £10 and both work well, with the Megs being easier to use.....

Post #264309 Mon Apr 26 2010 10:16pm
JimWD

Nick, as/when you run out of RedMist, see if Alex @ Elite can supply you with some Zaino Z8.. I only use Spray Sealants like this as a weekly 'top-up' if you like after a proper wash.. ONR might be a nice system for you to look into if you like to wipe the car down after every use.. Optimal No Rinse - google it.

JC1, the 'Dodo Spray', Red Mist, is a Spray Sealant that adds a good amount of 'bling' and additional protection to your car.. If your vehicle is already well protected with a wax, a spray sealant such as Red Mist or Z8 should be all thats needed to maintain the finish (in terms of looks and durability) until it's time to re-apply and start fresh.

I finished this RR-Sport late last week.. Waxed with Dodo SuperNatural and finally wiped down with Zaino Z8's:

Originally polished with a mix of Dodo Juice Limeprime and Menzerna 203s to add a little more cut:

Befores:

a

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #264339 Tue Apr 27 2010 9:55am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Thanks mate....will give it a try - got lots of Zaino stuff yesterday and Robbie that works next door, swears by the stuff - Alex was great when I popped round there and will def go back again next week and will def also try the Zaino stuff, as I do like to wipe the car down every day.......

Thanks for the advice!

Post #264343 Tue Apr 27 2010 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1