RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > bluetooth and iphone pairing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Tweaky

United Kingdom 
bluetooth and iphone pairing

I am having problems with my iphone auto pairing with my car. It works initially by punching in the 2121 code, but after the car is turned off it will not then auto pair when i next go to the car, i have to go throught the original process again. Landrover are saying that it is a problem with apple and their software. the main dealer started off saying that it is a problem with the 3GS running v3.1.3 and that it was fine with v3.1.2, well my wife's iphoine is v3.1.2 and that has the same problem. Landrover now seem to be changing their story saying that it is a problem that randomly effects all iphones and that it effects many other car manufactures - BMW, Jaguar etc. As the iphone is probably the most popular phone in use how many other people are having this problem. My car is a MY06 2.7 Landrover don't seem to be willing to do anything about it. They told me to bring the car down so they can check it with their Nokia ....... which is compatible and that will let them know if it is the car or the phone software. It is Censored frustrating to have the bluetooth on the car and not be able to use it. Crying or Very sad

Post #262989 Wed Apr 14 2010 4:58pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'm afraid this has been an on going problem which is down to Apple and not LR. You should be alright with v3.1.2 as long as you have the latest LR software installed.

You are not alone - plenty have the same problem. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #262990 Wed Apr 14 2010 5:13pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

God help us then when iPhone OS4 arrives in the Summer! Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #263005 Wed Apr 14 2010 7:07pm
Tweaky

United Kingdom 

Ok thanks for the replys. I will try and get them to update to the latest software and see what happens then. I will look into how i can get my iphone back onto 3.1.2 then i should be ok Shocked

Post #263052 Thu Apr 15 2010 8:20am
Lookers Park Royal

Fortunately, the major car and mobile phone manufacturers are discussing and agreeing a standard format for Bluetooth cmpatibility. Although it doesn't help with older phones or cars on older software, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel for the future.

Tweaky, next time your car is at the dealer for a visit then check that it has the very latest BT software (hopefully your dealer will not charge for the upload), and if so then you may find with Apple's next release they may build in a patch for this as it will affect all manufacturers.

James Thumbs Up

Post #263055 Thu Apr 15 2010 8:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NeilN

South Africa 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Atacama Sand

Hi Tweaky
I have a similar problem that occurs randomly - sometimes works every day for months, then all of a sudden a problem. I have found that rebooting the phone fixes the problem .... and its quicker than the pairing process.
Good luck with the software upgrade. (My software is 2008 and I dont think it has ever been upgraded, unless they do it at service time without telling you!!)
Regards
Neil

Post #263114 Thu Apr 15 2010 9:16pm
robinc

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Nara Bronze

I used to randomly get this lack of auto pairing problem on my 2006 car as well. I found that rebooting the BT module in the car would solve the problem.

You can do this either by pulling the appropriate fuse under the glove compartment (sorry forgotten which one) or disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

I suspect it's flakey software in the LR BT module, rather than in the phone Rolling Eyes

Post #264271 Mon Apr 26 2010 1:50pm
Tweaky

United Kingdom 

robinc - I will give that a try tonight and see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the headsup

Post #264272 Mon Apr 26 2010 1:53pm
martin g

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Hi i use an iphone 32 3gs and it pairs every time with my car. iphone running on latest software and my 55 plate hse has the latest software update. Go back to your dealer

Post #264404 Tue Apr 27 2010 7:45pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

My IPhone 3GS pairs great everytime, have ipod lead and full control on touch screen, music and phone great, except no one can hear me on hands free purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #264412 Tue Apr 27 2010 9:25pm
philjockt

United Kingdom 

I have my new RRS arriving next week Very Happy and want to get the ipod connectivity lead, tried to get one from local dealer who said they have been discontinued Crying or Very sad
Can anyone let me know where to get one as a search on the internet came up with nothing Shocked Don't knock it till youv'e tried it!!!!!
2020 RRS HSE Dynamic

Post #264909 Mon May 03 2010 9:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NightFox

United Kingdom 

philjockt wrote:
I have my new RRS arriving next week Very Happy and want to get the ipod connectivity lead, tried to get one from local dealer who said they have been discontinued Crying or Very sad
Can anyone let me know where to get one as a search on the internet came up with nothing Shocked

Sounds like your dealer's talking rubbish. Why would LR build an iPod interface into a car, advertise it in all their brochures etc and then stop making the cable to actually connect it to the iPod?

I think the cable was changed at the beginning of this year, so maybe your dealer looked up the part number for the old one? Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #264989 Tue May 04 2010 9:32am
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

purple people eater wrote:
My IPhone 3GS pairs great everytime, have ipod lead and full control on touch screen, music and phone great, except no one can hear me on hands free

Hi,

this is a known fault of the 3Gs (not the older 3G). Incoming calls are not coming through to the bluetooth system. This happens with many systems, I had it with my Volvo V70 and my Parrot CK3500 in an other car and now with the RRS MY10.

I habe my iPhone build into the cup holder. So if a call doesn't come through I am changing "Audio" manually to "LAND ROVER" directly in the iPhone.

Greetings from Germany
gseum

Post #265197 Thu May 06 2010 10:12am
ngins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Sorry if this appears elsewhere - glad to hear incoming on iPhone 3GS is a known issue. I cant find an answer elsewhere - hopefully this is a good topic to post - Does anyone know how many contacts the phonebook supports? I have over 2500 contacts each with several numbers, so I dont expect it to cope with them all but would be nice to know the limit! (a-D seems to be it for me!)

Also anyone have any nice work arounds/suggestions for syncing, can you tag contacts with an iPhone category?. Otherwise I will put in some effort to writing an outlook Macro to extract my top XX contacts from out of my overall list...

Cheers
N MY2010 RRS 5.0 S/C Santorini Black, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Privacy, Logic7, iPod, Cameras

Post #268731 Wed Jun 16 2010 4:44pm
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi,

I have around 950 contacts and I get a to s.

I have a local addressbook only for the iphone contacts. I am copying the public contacts to this addressbook manually. I wanted to give categories to my desired contacts,so that I could sort the contacts to synchronize manually. But I never took the time... Rolling Eyes

Greetings
gseum

Post #268738 Wed Jun 16 2010 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>