RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > odd component.. who knows... Bobby?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
odd component.. who knows... Bobby?

rear of the car, just behind the bumper (fender) there is what is best described as a hanging metal weight, a fairly decent size, pivots about an axis parallel to the rear bumper. There is one on the nearside and one on the offside of the car. What are they for??

Post #262091 Mon Apr 05 2010 10:33pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: odd component.. who knows... Bobby?

rrsboy wrote:
rear of the car, just behind the bumper (fender) there is what is best described as a hanging metal weight, a fairly decent size, pivots about an axis parallel to the rear bumper. There is one on the nearside and one on the offside of the car. What are they for??

I have heard my brother speak about these on his D3, i think its to do with traction control or something along them lines Thumbs Up

As its a Range Rover though it could be a set of bigkahonies. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #262092 Mon Apr 05 2010 11:35pm
JimboTD5

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Buckingham Blue

I could be wrong but I thought these weights were mass dampers designed to make the car quieter and improve the ride. I will be very interested to know what the "experts" have to say about them.

Jim

Post #262094 Mon Apr 05 2010 11:49pm
disco4x4au

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Santorini Black

Yes, mass dampers - they're there to reduce chassis vibration. Make sure they're free to pivot and not caked with mud etc

Cheers,

Gordon 2015 RRS SDV6 SE, Santorini Black, GOE 2-way HS rods, Traxide dual battery, 275/55R20 Nitto TerraGraplers

2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - GOE 3-way HS rods, GOE underbody plates and sliders, 275/65R18 Courgia MT

Post #262095 Tue Apr 06 2010 1:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1