RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > HELP ME DEAL WITH THOSE IDIOTS AT COULSDON
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

porsche2rrs

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
HELP ME DEAL WITH THOSE IDIOTS AT COULSDON

It started off a few weeks ago, I have a new RRS 2010 model, and I have a warning symbol pop up every now and then saying there is something wrong with the selecting the gear. I took it to Harwoods Croydon in Coulsdon and told them the story, I also said I get condensation in my back lights, but they said I need to bring it in when it happens so they can see it for themselves (even though i had pictures of it, but I thought fair enough). They ordered the part after several days it came in and I took it in, what they promised me as a 1 day job took a few days, without even mention of a courtesy car.

When it was finished I collected it, and it was dirty (I take care of my things religiously), the cream seats were covered in grease, the metal strips on floor were scratched and the lid which slides over the cup holders in the centre console was scratched heavily. I showed them there and then. They apologised, wiped the seat down quickly and said they will order me another cup lid. I went home and my back passenger window started to move up and down on its own.

After a few days took the car in again and luckily there was condensation on the back lights, they accepted all the faults, but again had to order the lights etc. So I thought kill 3 birds with 1 stone, and booked the lights, window and cup holder lid problems at the same time. What is that?? 3 or 4 hour job?? NO overnight again (I HATE IT WHEN THEY MENTION IT WILL BE OVER NIGHT AS I AM DROPPING IT OFF), and when I get a call in the morning thinking the car is ready, they were actually calling me to tell me they cracked another part of the centre console and have already ordered the part but it needs to be with them another day. AGAIN, FAIR ENOUGH.

Today I collect it, again the seat is greasy. I look at the centre console, although they had changed the cup holder lid, they have put a very cheap of plastic, nothing like the original, as the cover of the ashtray!!! I show them, and again they don't have the correct piece in stock and they need to order it which will come sometime next week due to holidays. As i drove off home very annoyed I felt that my breaks are more sensitive then usual, and dismissed it just as me being angry.

Now I went to collect a friend from the train station, a round trip of 5 min. I got home and there was a strange burning smell coming from the car, then noticed some dark smoke coming from under the bonnet. And I am sure the breaks have been touched, which is unconnected from the smoke.

At the moment the people around me have taken my keys in fear of me wanting to driving the car straight through their crappy little shop.

WHO DO I COMPLAIN TOO? WHAT SHALL I DO?? IS IT JUST A BAD CAR?? I NEED A CAR, AND I DOUBT THEY WILL BE OPEN AT ALL DURING EASTER.

I was treated so well with Porsche!!

Post #261745 Thu Apr 01 2010 9:27pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

I know it's April 1st, but I sense this is NOT a wind up, right?....There are plenty of 'clownship' LR dealerships around London,(and the rest of the UK, for that matter) Rolling Eyes and I really do feel your pain. I think I'd be tempted to take the car to site sponsors Lookers Park Royal, and maybe see if they can sort out all the incompetency that you have experienced, and claim back from this crappy dealership. Phone LR customer service too, and log your complaints and concerns with them and tell them what you intend to do, I think they would be supportive in this case. Good Luck mate,hope you can get this sorted. Thumbs Up RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #261749 Thu Apr 01 2010 10:09pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Mate take it to Lookers Park Royal = stop messing around with these clowns - the work to your car is pretty much fixable, and just let someone keep it for 3-4 days - let them get the parts in and have peace of mind. if the brakes make the smell again - call LR assist - let them tow it to Lookers - LR Assist will get you a decent ish rental - and just sit and wait.

This other place sounds a Censored pot place that has no respect for your car....(when my car had new carpets mats in it, the service advisor, Sarah, drove the car without putting her shoes on the mats and only on the pedals - they care about your car that much. Tell your friends to buy a car from them, and forget the rest....

I speak from experience....we all do.

Good luck

Nick Thumbs Up

Post #261751 Thu Apr 01 2010 10:28pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Crap service, crap dealer.

Not the sort of service you would normally get, good luck in sorting. MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #261753 Thu Apr 01 2010 10:33pm
porsche2rrs

thanks for that! and thank you James from Lookers for the PM. I will take it up with the dealership management. Also Land Rover assistance came to have a look and fixed the smoke etc.

feeling better, but will not be fully happy until they change that Vauxhall Nova ashtray lid lookalike that they have fitted.

have a good weekend chaps!!

Post #261814 Fri Apr 02 2010 1:03pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

All very well taking it up with the dealership management, but in my experience,unless you move to a better one, you still end up with clowns working on your car Whistle , causing even more damage, but it's your call. Thumbs Up RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #261819 Fri Apr 02 2010 3:59pm
porsche2rrs

Texstar you are 100% right, and that is exactly what I will do the second they change the ashtray lid...

Post #261830 Fri Apr 02 2010 7:58pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

and then f*** em, better to give your money to a company that values their clients, after the car is sold. A great Danish poet once said....

If Carlsberg did Range Rover Sport Dealerships......(and then picture James drinking a tin of Special Brew)
Very Happy

Post #261831 Fri Apr 02 2010 8:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1