RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Impending sense of doom
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Luke

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Impending sense of doom

OK chaps, i take delivery of my RRS in mid May, at the moment have a D3 that's a year old and done 12K and had no faults whatsoever.

I have been reading this forum for the past couple of months and am horrified at the amount of faults and clitches you have been experiencing. I know it's human nature to complain when you have a fault and say nothing when all is well, so what i want to know is this, how many of you have had no faults at all (excluding petty stuff) and are generaly happy with the quality of the RRS.

I am just trying to get a feel for the percentage of faulty cars coming out of Solihull. (and hoping mine wont be one of them). Do you think i can take some comfort in the fact that mine will be an 06 car and should have had a lot of bugs ironed out?

Thanks guys !st Edition RRS S/C, Black on Black.

RRS HSE, Java, Alpaca, Bluetooth, Dynamic Pack, SC Grill, Black Badges, tints all round.
(NOW SOLD)
Ex D3 TDV6S owner

Post #17725 Wed Mar 15 2006 3:51pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Luke - the only fault I had was causing £20,000 worth of damage in a crash. There are little things but nothing that would make me exchange my RRS - IT REALLY IS A FANTASTIC CAR. You will not be disapointed. A lot of the so called problems come from the onboard computer and just remind yourself how many times you need to reboot your pc at home. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #17733 Wed Mar 15 2006 3:56pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Doesnt the DISCO 3 come out the same factory?

also this is based on the DISCO 3

and furthermore I believe the DISCO 3 has had more faults/issues than ever the RRS has seen to date

Personally - I'd buy another tomorrow 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #17740 Wed Mar 15 2006 4:00pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Havn't got my car yet but all i heard are computer problems thats not that bad RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #17745 Wed Mar 15 2006 4:04pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Agreed. There are problems like with any new model, but I've not had a single problem in 7 months of ownership. Do it, you won't regret it!! Very Happy Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #17843 Wed Mar 15 2006 4:52pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Agreed. There are problems like with any new model, but I've not had a single problem in 7 months of ownership. Do it, you won't regret it!! Very Happy Thumbs Up

I bet Melissa Theriau doesn't have problems! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #17849 Wed Mar 15 2006 4:54pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

i have been quite fortunate mostly during ownership as well, apart from this last little problem im having but at least LR look after you and put u in a decent car etc.. and are actually looking into it properly.

Post #17862 Wed Mar 15 2006 5:03pm
byron

Greece 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Have the same worry as well Luke.Check under reliability RRS S/C,Bonatti Grey,Ebony Interior,Lined Oak Finish, Rear Lock Dif, DVD,Sunroof,ACC

Post #17874 Wed Mar 15 2006 5:14pm
Luke

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Thanks for your coments chaps, feel better hearing you say all is well. I cant wait to take delivery with or without problems. I guess it will be like all the other Land Rover products i've owned, some little niggles but they have never actually stoped working. Plus i take delivery mid May so this crappy weather that seems to be causing some of the problems should be over by then.

PS: i have got 2 weeks in the Maldives before delivery, how lucky am i Laughing !st Edition RRS S/C, Black on Black.

RRS HSE, Java, Alpaca, Bluetooth, Dynamic Pack, SC Grill, Black Badges, tints all round.
(NOW SOLD)
Ex D3 TDV6S owner

Post #17926 Wed Mar 15 2006 8:07pm
JayMann

Yea thats it just sounds like niggly bits to me oh well atleast we will have nice new cars evan tho they may spend more time at the dealers then with us. all part of the fun i gusse Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #17927 Wed Mar 15 2006 8:14pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Gents, if you take into consideration the number of RRSports built each week compared to the number of people that come onto this board complaining of faults. I'm sure you will all agree that things are being blown out of all proportion.

During your average production week we probably churn out approx 1250 - 1500 RRSports.

So 10 or 12 individual problems per week is no big stink. The technology used in these vehicles is amazing, so there are bound to be a few gliches. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #17929 Wed Mar 15 2006 8:30pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
shmoogle wrote:

I bet Melissa Theriau doesn't have problems!

I bet she doesn't... I expect she's very well oiled! Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #18011 Thu Mar 16 2006 12:26am
JayMann

I'd oil her up if she's not already oiled up Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #18015 Thu Mar 16 2006 12:30am
Hang Over

Isle Of Man 

Ive been concerned about these little niggles too, it was the only reason i didnt buy a RRS in august when i was initially looking. The demo car i took had done 6 miles and by the time i had done 21 the airbag warning light came on. This put me off.

I have since been watching this forum carefully and seeing how things progress. Also i have spoken with lots of dealers and independant suppliers. All the dealers etc have said that i have to expect to have more contact with them than if i owned a X5.

I believe if you enter into something with your eyes open then you wont be dissapointed with the outcome. This forum has put to rest most of the fears i have of splashing out £47k on a RRS. I just wish i had done it in August now! Rolling Eyes

Post #18804 Fri Mar 17 2006 3:52pm
USAGivGrn

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

Being a former X5 owner, I would dispute that you will have fewer visits with Land Rover dealer than with BMW if you own an X5. I had many little issues with my BMW that were never repaired to my satisfaction, so I just gave up on bringing it back. Twice I took it out of town on a summer road trip, and twice the air conditioning broke down when it was plenty hot. I was quite glad to get back to Land Rover, having a prior Discovery for three years without a single fault. Although the Land Rover dealer and BMW dealer are now the same dealership in our city, I find the Land Rover people to be much more interested in your ultimate satisfaction.

Post #18902 Sat Mar 18 2006 2:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>