RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Build & Price
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wackyjim

Scotland 
Build & Price

I see that the build & price section of the official LR website is now up and running...handy if your thinking about buying...too late for me as i get delivery next week Smile Smile Smile

Post #260202 Fri Mar 19 2010 8:45pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 
Re: Build & Price

wackyjim wrote:
I see that the build & price section of the official LR website is now up and running...handy if your thinking about buying...too late for me as i get delivery next week Smile Smile Smile

Glad to see that LR are still following their practice of letting you choose your colour and only showing you what it will look like in the shade Rolling Eyes Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #260385 Sun Mar 21 2010 10:09pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

The only colour that faintly resembles an actual vehicle is Santorini.....the rest are comical Very Happy

Post #260387 Sun Mar 21 2010 10:20pm
BAWSACK

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

LR must be one of the poorest websites I've seen for such an expesive purchase! was in my dealer some weeks ago to consider new RRS and even he laughed and slagged it off with me Rolling with laughter

Post #260388 Sun Mar 21 2010 10:46pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Considering a car is the second most expensive purchase most people make in their lives, it's always amazed me at how rubbish the manufacturers are at providing information. Brochures just tend to be full of arty advertising waffle with very little good info about the car, half the time you don't even get a proper picture of the whole car! The transition to online didn't help much, now you get told the car has something like "independent sequential automatic response" (or maybe just "ISAR") with absolutely no indication of what it is. And half the time even the dealers don't know the answer; when I bought the wife's mini a few years ago we had to wait 4 months for it - and during that time no-one was able to tell me if the CD player would play MP3s, despite the best effort of the dealer to find out.

Even looking through the manuals doesn't really help much as they're so generic for a wide range of markets with different specs, so you can read about a function but have no idea what you need to order to get this on your vehicle order.

Something's wrong when you have to rely on sites like this to find out information that you can't get from the manufacturers and dealers Sad Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #260429 Mon Mar 22 2010 1:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1