RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sorry to be going
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Finally got an outcome today from the dealer. They bought it back from me but had to take a hit on it all the same which I still maintain shouldnt happen but thats the government of this fair land looking out for their honorary directorships when they get sacked. Just to find a new motor now. Wasn't even an attempt to sweeten the deal for a new RRS! Gpot the feeling they just wanted rid really but hey ho thats another story..... Car less after tomorrow till I find something else now!! Big Cry Big Cry Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #260546 Mon Mar 22 2010 10:25pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I hope the hit wasn't to bad

Nice example of a FL2 HSE with hst kit just been bumped on Freel2, or you staying RRS

Post #260547 Mon Mar 22 2010 10:45pm
4wheeldriver

Probably heading for pastures new after being told that the problem with mine is quite common!!! Still trying to work out how they didnt know how to fix it for 4 weeks if its that common though............. Whistle Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #260549 Mon Mar 22 2010 10:49pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Sorry it didn't work out too well - there are def some good cars out there mate

Post #260550 Mon Mar 22 2010 10:50pm
4wheeldriver

Dealer reckoned they do TEN buy backs on faulty cars every year!!! Shocked Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #260551 Mon Mar 22 2010 11:06pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

a really sh Censored y story and a sh Censored y ending, all the best mate, hope you find what you are looking for Thumbs Up purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #260557 Mon Mar 22 2010 11:40pm
Lookers Park Royal

I'd take all that with a pinch of salt................

As you know we are a large dealer and I have only bought back 1 car in the last 24 months! One is too many though. What you described to me is such a common fault that I have never heard of those symptoms before, and is demonstrated by the fact that it wasn't rectified on the first visit.

Drop me a PM if you need anything, but glad you managed to get to the bottom of it. It shows that he who shouts loudest.

James Thumbs Up

Post #260587 Tue Mar 23 2010 8:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

Did I forget to mention the small salt mine I have in my garden to get pinches from every time I head to a dealership up here! That why I HAD largely stopped buying local! That was 1st time using LR dealer here and quite probably the last after this!

Was speaking to the sale guy that sold me my 5 series and he reckons 40% of his new registrations in Inverness come back to Aberdeen! That's how good the local is!

Oh well. Back to trawling the t'interweb to try and find something! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #260591 Tue Mar 23 2010 9:13am
4wheeldriver

Better sit down before you read this post!!

Went to get my stuff out of the RRS this morning and would you believe theyve managed to damage an alloy between Friday morning and today!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Unbelievable........................... Banging Head Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #260620 Tue Mar 23 2010 4:26pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Pity it ended the way it did. Seems to be the norm when dealing with very large companies. You just know your going to be hitting your head against a brick wall.

So what you going to buy now ? Just make sure its good for towing Wink MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #260682 Tue Mar 23 2010 9:23pm
tornado34

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Sorry to see you forced out of RRS ownership 4wheeldriver, you (and your avatar) will be sadly missed.

I know I will be battered for this, but look at an S-line Audi Q7. With the black interior roof lining etc it is very nice inside. The mechanics are sound. I know it's not a RRS, but in your case this is a good thing!

It's so important to have the right feeling when you sit behind the wheel and that includes all elements of the car, the service you receive and the money you have invested. If any one of these isn't right it kind of spoils the fun.

Good luck and happy test driving Thumbs Up

Post #260745 Wed Mar 24 2010 10:33am
4wheeldriver

Ah the wonders of dealing with big businesses. After getting things sorted out on Monday with the dealer principal I am STILL waiting for them to hand over the cheque for the car!! Shocked Got a call on Tuesday morning from the sales manager asking me to "pop over" on Wednesday morning. Great idea barring the fact that I DONT HAVE A CAR NOW, do I....................... Banging Head Thud So here I am on Thursday with no car and no cash to show for it either!! Big Cry Think another letter to the MD may be in order!! Evil or Very Mad Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #260877 Thu Mar 25 2010 1:31pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

tornado34 wrote:

I know I will be battered for this, but look at an S-line Audi Q7. With the black interior roof lining etc it is very nice inside. The mechanics are sound. I know it's not a RRS, but in your case this is a good thing!

Sorry to be crude, but to me Q7 is a giant suppository. Cannot figure an uglier car. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #260885 Thu Mar 25 2010 1:57pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

tornado34 wrote:

Problem is, every time you're driving it and see an RRS you'll find yourself thinking "I'd much rather be driving that..." Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #260905 Thu Mar 25 2010 3:15pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

quantz i agree i had a test drive and found it to be total Censored good luck 4 wheeldriver i too will miss your avatar Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #260906 Thu Mar 25 2010 3:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>