RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Adjusting Seat...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Adjusting Seat...

When i get in and out of the car, the car seat does a little jiggle that I assume is taking it into a position that makes getting in and out of the car easier.

If this assumption is correct, can this ?Car Access Seat Position? be adjusted? 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259650 Mon Mar 15 2010 6:57pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Are you suffering the infamous so called footloose seat disease of some models reported here ?

Post #259681 Mon Mar 15 2010 9:23pm
Bigby

quantz wrote:
Are you suffering the infamous so called footloose seat disease of some models reported here ?

No I dont think so. It electrically raises the steering wheel and moves the seat backwards when i turn off the ignition. What I want to do is modify where it adjusts TO. 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259697 Mon Mar 15 2010 10:25pm
quantz

Sorry to infer such insulting suspicious thoughts regarding your beauty. Wink

Post #259700 Mon Mar 15 2010 10:39pm
Jarvis

Bigby wrote:
quantz wrote:

No I dont think so. It electrically raises the steering wheel and moves the seat backwards when i turn off the ignition. What I want to do is modify where it adjusts TO.

You can turn off the feature (turn the knob on the side of the steering wheel to the other position), but I have not seen where you can change where the seat moves in access mode.

Post #259782 Tue Mar 16 2010 2:01pm
Bigby

It would be great if one could change it. It adjust enough for me, but for my much shorter wife, she is still rammed up close to the steering wheel. 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259826 Tue Mar 16 2010 7:52pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Bigby wrote:
It would be great if one could change it. It adjust enough for me, but for my much shorter wife, she is still rammed up close to the steering wheel.

Bigby, im not really getting this, why is it pushing your missus up to the steering wheel when its supposed to be going backwards for ease of access/entry. Confused

Is it when shes entering, if so set one of the 4 memeory positions for her and it will return to that. If its when exiting car it should be going backwards especially if she is short. MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #259850 Tue Mar 16 2010 11:23pm
Bigby

It does move her backwards, but only a verty little. Her normal memory setting is very far forwards with the steering wheel quite low. When she stops the car it does a similar jiggle to when i stop the car (ie steering wheel up a little, sit back a little). 'The jiggle' is still not enough for her to easily get out (and will get worse- as she is pregnant).

I suppose that she can press my memory setting button when she wants to exit, but that is not the point. 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259854 Tue Mar 16 2010 11:34pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Bigby wrote:
It does move her backwards, but only a verty little. Her normal memory setting is very far forwards with the steering wheel quite low. When she stops the car it does a similar jiggle to when i stop the car (ie steering wheel up a little, sit back a little). 'The jiggle' is still not enough for her to easily get out (and will get worse- as she is pregnant).

I suppose that she can press my memory setting button when she wants to exit, but that is not the point.

No your right thats not the point, that sounds like its not functioning properly, on my mothers lexus the steering wheel went right up and seat right back. Not sure about RRS, my seat doesnt budge because i have the seat right back bar about 1mm and wheel right up.
Will do another setting tomorrow and see what happens, i will let you know. Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #259856 Tue Mar 16 2010 11:43pm
quantz

When I read Options Specs, I see this :

MEMORY PACK 032CL
Memory function - with 3 settings for driver's seat and exterior mirrors (030CR) 033CT
Drivers Power Lumbar Support (except NAS markets which take 033EU which is driver/passenger power lumbar)033HT
Steering column - electric adjustment for height and reach with entry and exit tilt-away 049AL
Memory Exterior Mirrors - driver and passenger

Apparently "S" with TDV6 HSE.
Is it standard or optional ? 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #259861 Wed Mar 17 2010 12:55am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately the ownerinfo web site seems to be down at the moment, but I seem to remember getting the impression from the manual that the seat should move to its lowest position and the steering wheel its highest.

Quantz - standard feature with memory pack so standard on all the UK MY10 except the SE Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #259888 Wed Mar 17 2010 10:24am
Bob.

United Kingdom 

This quote is from an 09MY source - would 10MY be any different?

"When the ignition key is removed, the steering column will move to the uppermost rake and innermost reach positions and the driver's seat will move slightly rearwards and lower."

No mention of being able to adjust the "slightly" rearward setting I'm afraid.

Post #260076 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1