RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Canberra Places to Stay?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Canberra Places to Stay?

I'm potrentially looking to visit Canberra on the Fri and Sat of Easter weekend. I've never been before so am looking for any advice on reasonably priced, reasonable quality hotels/motels to stay at. Don't really want to have to pay corporate/business rates and it doesn't need to have lots of stars/luxury. Just clean and safe would suffice Thumbs Up

Venue will need to allow 5 month old mini-me to stay

Looking to take in the NGA, but will have the car, so anything that is around the area would probably suffice.

Thanks in advance
2R[/i]

Post #258816 Wed Mar 10 2010 2:29am
BKHK

Australia 

Upmarket - go to the Hyatt

Normal - Mantra (has 2 rooms in each "room")

Post #258819 Wed Mar 10 2010 4:33am
Not A Red RRS.

Australia 

Hi 2nd,
SWMBO & I find The Diplomat Hotel (cnr Canberra Ave & Hely st) to be nice. We like it. See:
http://www.diplomathotel.com.au/

Do not stay at this place:

It smells of self importence. It is really more of an assylum where the majority of Australian people send these poor wretched souls (guests) to yell at each other, make derogitory claims about each other, pat themselves on the back and consume & make more taxes.The guests are useless & hopeless. Parasites abound in every room.
The staff are slow, mostly incompetant and at best rather dim. Everybody there speaks utter Censored .

The old hotel, just across the park:

was not much better, in the past. That has been rectified in that the rubbish was moved and the place cleaned up.

The old place has a beaut statue and portrait of someone whom I would not be here today had it not been for this man. (nor my Father or Grandfather) Whistle (No not the King) --------------------------------------------------------
I love Boobies, Tits, Blackbirds & Sparrows.

09 MY10 Santorini Black TDV6 Smile
05 Disco3 S (gone) (Red Disco)
08 Disco3 HSE (gone) (White Disco)
07 RRS Umbrella.(one of only 3 in the Country)
09 Volkswagen Golf Tdi(SWMBO's)
04 Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO20SHOMSAH)

Post #258948 Thu Mar 11 2010 2:17am
ivery819

How quickly we forget !

Not A Red RRS
Your ancestor's writings and the philosophy he used at the set up of our Constitution should be compulsory reading for every school child and as revision for all adults.
Perhaps then, we would not be rushing headlong into the Communist Commonwealth of Australia as a result of ignorance and apathy !
Meanwhile, 2nd.
I've asked around without any joy on your accommodation in terms of preferred venues .
Perhaps if you go to www.wotif.com.au or check the packages from the ANG you'll find what you're after.

Post #258958 Thu Mar 11 2010 9:37am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

ivery, Stephenw said you may be able to help, and nothing to do with Hotels in Canberra, i would actually recommend one, its a 3 hour trip to Sydney though Laughing

Any idea where i could possibly get one of the bulb retaining clips, Steve mentioned you may have had some after the light change Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Dropped it during a bulb change, never to surface again and LR want a complete new light assembly Shocked Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #259204 Fri Mar 12 2010 8:56am
ivery819

Zilch Very Happy
Not like you to let anything slip through your fingers ! Rolling with laughter
I don't have any spare clips at the moment.
I put the standard lights back into the vehicle when I went to trade it but then backed away from the $65k changeover price. Big Cry I think I might persist with the old girl until the LRX is released. Mr. Green
In the spare set of modified high wattage HID light units the clips have been modified beyond recognition for the larger 55w HID bulbs. I don't think they'd retain the standard bulbs. I'll probably put those units back into the vehicle (or give up night driving ). When and if I do the reverse changeover I'll have a spare set of bog standard halogen lights but time is the problem at the moment.
Not much help I'm afraid.

Post #259210 Fri Mar 12 2010 9:47am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

ivery819 wrote:
Zilch Very Happy not like you to let anything slip through your fingers ! Rolling with laughter

i wish you were right there ivery Big Cry but that's another story Wink

Quote:
When and if I do the reverse changeover I'll have a spare set of bog standard halogen lights but time is the problem at the moment. Not much help I'm afraid.

Happy to come down to your part of the world next week and help you, labour free of course Wink you may find however one bulb retaining clip missing Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #259401 Sat Mar 13 2010 11:01am
2nd Rower

Got to Canberra with swmbo and mini-me to see the Masterpieces show at the NGA.. Not bad, although swmbo understands it all a lot better than I do! Laughing

Managed to drop in on Ivery and Mrs Ivery on the NSW coast en route back to Melbourne. Had a wonderful time in a beautiful little town with great views and great weather! Bow down Very Happy Thumbs Up

Thanks again for the hospitality Ivery... Although me and swmbo are now wondering how on earth we can relocate our lives to your idyllic little hamlet! Laughing

Post #262098 Tue Apr 06 2010 6:48am
BKHK

Australia 

And the Lemon got you all the way there and back? MLR will be happy Rolling with laughter

Mrs BKHK went to see the Masterpieces with her Mother back in December.

She asked me to drive but I couldn't bear the thought of spending 7 hours each way in the car with Mother in Law so I bought them plane tickets and paid for the hotel to minimise my pain!

Post #262137 Tue Apr 06 2010 1:30pm
2nd Rower

BKHK wrote:
And the Lemon got you all the way there and back? MLR will be happy Rolling with laughter

Well, the suspension 'clunked' on every undulation; the steering wheel reverberated every time I was at approx 60 km/h; we didn't know which radio stations we were listening to as the RDS doesn't work; couldn't listen to the Ipod as the Aux socket doesn't work, and thank god we had no fog en route with the fog lights not working!!! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Post #262208 Tue Apr 06 2010 9:06pm
BKHK

Australia 

Time to dump it 2nd.

Put it up for private sale with some remaining manufacturer's warranty.

Then you can get a Kia Sorrento with a 7 year warranty Rolling with laughter

Post #262222 Wed Apr 07 2010 2:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1