RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear Tyre Wear Warranty, What Warranty?!?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PapaBear

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Rear Tyre Wear Warranty, What Warranty?!?!

My recently aquired Sport is afflicted by the tyre problem, rears worn to zero on the inside edge at 18,000miles, just over 2 years old. Land Rover Customer Care (!!!) are offering 50% contribution to wheel alignment, nothing towards tyres. Rather a poor attitude to a potentially lethal defect! Has anyone had a more helpful experience?
I've booked it in anyway as I've put a new set of tyres on and don't want to see them disappear as well! The TSB and US Class Action are proof that Land Rover know all about the problem, though denied it on first contact as usual. If you want to contact them I've a direct number to cut out the dreaded premium rate lines, try 01926 691874 for Daniel Woolham who I've been speaking to, or his supervisor on 01926 691956.
Got my new tyres from Camskill - brilliant price and service, thoroughly recommended.

Post #258099 Thu Mar 04 2010 11:22am
PapaBear

Rear Tyre Wear Warranty, What Warranty?!?!

No progress with L/R custard service I'm afraid. I paid for the Wheel Alignment at my local dealer who has in-house equipment; got a before and after computer printout. Both rears were outside spec for toe and camber, no dispute about the cause, no components were damaged or worn, so the dreaded bush-settle is still with us. At least I've got the job done and can use/enjoy the car now. L/R promised 50% contribution, but said no when dealer contacted them for authorisation. Evil or Very Mad Looks like there's a 'First Service/12,000 Policy' in place, so check early and don't expect any help from L/R. You might have more luck with an 'Approved-Used' purchase?

Happy Easter All!!

Post #262155 Tue Apr 06 2010 5:09pm
Endjin

Scotland 

As a matter of interest, Was there any physical indication that you had the problem, apart from the tyre wear of course? i.e. steering or ride issues? 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #263084 Thu Apr 15 2010 2:34pm
PapaBear

Hi Endjin,
That's the scary thing, no symptoms while driving, the old beast rode and handled perfectly. I guess that as both rears were misaligned by the same amount, they would balance each other out. It makes sense if you think about it, with the wheels splaying out and leaning in, the tyres are going to be dragged outwards. The wheel alignment shows this up, but of course that's a static condition sitting on the turntables - during driving the wheels will tend to splay and squat even more, and the more load in the vehicle and the faster you're travelling, the greater the scrubbing effect. I'm surprised nobody's had a blowout. The tyres are literally riding on their shoulders, the treads are hardly worn and look fine, you can't see the damage unless you get under the car. Land Rover have offered me a £90 voucher, not even a proper refund! Not very impressive. Thanks for the interest and check those tyres!

Post #263283 Sat Apr 17 2010 10:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1