Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > ALL THINGS INTERMITTENT AND PAINFULL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Govette

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 S Bonatti Grey
ALL THINGS INTERMITTENT AND PAINFULL

Hey guys,
There seems to be no lack of posts on the forum about various mystery intermittent 'problems with suspension, transmissions, park brake systems etc, all resulting in warning lights and in most cases limp home mode being activated.
Well, just to join the club, I am currently having ..... err, all those problems! Anyway, I had a chance meeting with GOD the other day. (He goes by title of Davis Performance Landies in his earth bound form.) As the dealership here in Canberra is relatively new and relying heavily on LRAustralia (Bad mistake!!) I thought I might just ask the experts.
Within second GOD had the following to say:

They come off the assembly line painted. Then the powerpack, suspension etc is bolted on. Unfortunately, the earth straps from all these items (under the two front inner guards) are threaded onto two painted studs, with a painted nut. So the only earthing going on is along the length of the thread contact point. Not all that effective really, especially when you add vibration.

Has anyone come across this solution before? As mine is already in at the dealer (three weeks and counting) I can't varify this. It seems quite logical to me, but as it's not included in the LRAustralia 'follow the bouncing error code and try to look like you know what you're talking about' method, I'm having to pay the dealer to do it for me. I'd love to think something so simple could be the solution for so many problems. 4wding only starts when you have to get out the cab. Everything before that is just driving on crap roads!

Post #257776 Tue Mar 02 2010 8:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1