Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > New MY10 TDV8 questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

wpa

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 SE Stornoway Grey
New MY10 TDV8 questions

Hi everyone,

New to site and looking at a new MY10 RRS TDV8 - beautiful car to drive.

I have a question regarding options for anyone in the know.

Is it possible to get the hybrid tv with the TDV8 (non luxury). It seems in the options list that it is unavailable for this model and the 5.0L V8. All other models it seems to be an option.

I want the rear entertainment package - is the hybrid tv built into this maybe?

Other options I am looking at are: steering paddleshift, memory pack, park distance front, tow pack & mats.

Any opinions on Adaptive Dynamics?

I have tested a MY07 TDV8 and this had the tv option so I will be disappointed if it is a no go - the kids will be as well. Is it possible to get a 3rd party install?

Looks like I will be putting down a deposit tomorrow with delivery not till June.

Post #257626 Mon Mar 01 2010 8:55am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Welcome WPA -

With a June delivery, I'd almost consider waiting for another 3 to 4 months to get a MY11 delivery around Sept or October, unless they are cutting you a great deal $ wise! Maybe they'll improve the spec etc.. Smile Always a risk they'll lift the price too!! Evil or Very Mad

Post #257632 Mon Mar 01 2010 10:05am
2nd Rower

Also which Melbourne dealer are you using?

Post #257633 Mon Mar 01 2010 10:05am
wpa

Hi 2nd Rower, not sure I could hang out another 4 months. I am sure the price will be up on the MY11's but at the same time probably better deals to be had on run-out MY10's if I did wait.

Dealer I am looking to go with is is Blacklocks in Albury/Wodonga, mostly a ford dealer, just got into LR & BMW bikes. It is local to me (I live in NE Vic) and the Melbourne dealer (MLR) I visited last week could not come close to (or could not be bothered) matching price although I'm still not sure I'm getting that good a deal from Blacklocks.

I looked at an '07 TDV8 at MLR for $89,990 with 52K on the clock but best they would do was $89k so said no thanks. It was very nice though and I was ready to buy then and there had they been willing to sharpen the pencil a little more.

Post #257638 Mon Mar 01 2010 10:53am
BKHK

Australia 

wpa

Go and see the guys at Lance Dixon. They have always been ready to deal with me and their service department is excellent.

MLR were a dud when I was buying a couple of years ago and I wouldn't go there.

Post #257639 Mon Mar 01 2010 11:14am
2nd Rower

I'll bite my lip as MLR are where I bought my RRS from a couple of years ago, and alas the follow up service over a particular matter has been woeful to say the least.. You're not the first to say they don't have a sharp pencil either!

Generally I would have thought it was difficult to get a deal if you are speccing a car for yourself, or if demand is so high you are having to wait for one to arrive by boat..

Have you decided on the inside / outside colours?

Post #257641 Mon Mar 01 2010 11:18am
wpa

Hi BKHK, I'm going to see if Blacklocks can finalise a deal tomorrow, as they are local they are my preference - if no good I will go and talk to Lance Dixon who I have purchased from before when I lived in Doncaster East many years back.

2nd Rower, yes I have read your story - I hope I don't have the trouble you have had. I hope it gets sorted for you. It did make me think twice about whether I should be looking at a RRS or not but hope the more serious issues are now sorted or if not at least rare.

I will be going Stornaway with Ebony interior.

Post #257645 Mon Mar 01 2010 11:51am
wpa

Well went ahead and put a deposit down on a MY10 TDV8 Very Happy with the following...

Stornoway grey with ebony interior
Tow pack
Memory pack
Front pack
Paddle shift
Front & rear mats
Front & rear mud spats

I did not go the rear entertainment system/hybrid tv. I am going to get an aftermarket install done with 2xheadrest screens, TV, PS3 & 6 x DVD changer, wireless headphones - Alpine setup for under the cost of factory.

It looks like delivery will not be until the end of July Big Cry

Post #257769 Tue Mar 02 2010 3:54am
2nd Rower

COngrats, get some pics up when it arrives!

Post #257800 Tue Mar 02 2010 11:27am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

wpa wrote:
Well went ahead and put a deposit down on a MY10 TDV8 Very Happy with the following...

Stornoway grey with ebony interior
Tow pack
Memory pack
Front pack
Paddle shift
Front & rear mats
Front & rear mud spats

I did not go the rear entertainment system/hybrid tv. I am going to get an aftermarket install done with 2xheadrest screens, TV, PS3 & 6 x DVD changer, wireless headphones - Alpine setup for under the cost of factory.

It looks like delivery will not be until the end of July Big Cry

Congratulations WPA, if you're as happy driving your TDV8 as I am then you're going to have a ball. Just one word of caution when you pick up the car. Check that the front mats that they fit for you are the 2010 spec mats, not 2009 stock. There has been a previous thread in the forums about the 2009 mats being a different size and they can get jammed under the accelerator causing the pedal to get stuck at full throttle; something you certainly don't want to have happen!!!

Aside from that, enjoy. I also went without the TV option on my 2008 TDV8, and have also been looking at the Alpine option which is about $3,000 installed. Much better than the factory aoption at around $6k. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #257902 Tue Mar 02 2010 11:54pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Congrats mate - am sure you'll be counting the days (or in kids terms - how many sleeps!!) Any of you Aussie folk following the Socceroos at the World Cup this year??

Post #257924 Wed Mar 03 2010 9:22am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

hmm interesting question Nick, I am from High Wycombe in good ole Bucks like (don't like to admit it with the Wycombe Wanderers and London Wasps form this season), and 2nd Rower and 640 Newton both hail from Wolverhampton Laughing In fact BKHK is a pom but does not like to admit it, so over to you WPA Whistle Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #257927 Wed Mar 03 2010 9:27am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Zilch, I know HW very well, I used to ride my horse out in Stokenchurch, in a village called Radnage.....always up and down the M40, when I head up to Manchester for work.....

Only asked the question, as I work for some of the Socceroos, and the following in Germany 4 years ago was incredible.....and then the interest dropped....but it always picks up at major events like this....

Post #257933 Wed Mar 03 2010 9:59am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Australians are renowned fair weather supporters. If a national team is doing well then everyone is interested, but if the lose a few games or play against a country they're not interested in then nobody turns up. I guess Australians have so many sports to follow that there's a good chance that one of the national teams will do ok. They even got 2 gold medals at the winter olympics... go figure!! 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #257935 Wed Mar 03 2010 10:03am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

NickM wrote:
Zilch, I know HW very well, I used to ride my horse out in Stokenchurch, in a village called Radnage.....always up and down the M40, when I head up to Manchester for work......

Know Radnage well.. nearly bought a house there many years ago but opted instead for Lewknor, at the bottom of the hill on the M40 from Stokenchurch, big mistake moving across the border to Oxfordshire... the place was like "deliverance".. not enough diverse genes in the local population as they say Whistle they got jealous when you looked at their sisters Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #257940 Wed Mar 03 2010 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>