RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RRS purchased
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Marty

United Kingdom 
RRS purchased

Further to recent posts and feedback on my various questions I have secured my RRS and should be collecting in the next week or so.

As i've been abroad this week I haven't seen the car - I live in Bucks, and Dealer is in Scotland. Looks good and happy with pretty much everything that I have checked and seen/photos. Am flying up at the weekend to finalise it and give it the once over.

The question I have is around the badges on the boot and how easy they are to remove and replace. The HSE i am buying has got SC grilles, but also previous owner went as far as replacing the HSE badge with Supercharged which I am looking to get back to normal. Can this be done as DIY or will it need to go into a garage for the work ? Also, where can the badges be brought cheap or is it a case of ordering from LR ?

Thanks in advance

Post #256306 Thu Feb 18 2010 5:33pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Mate don't scrimp on the badges....they are not that expensive....plenty on ebay for you....but buy from sponsors on here if you can - you'll get a discount too.

Post #256308 Thu Feb 18 2010 5:38pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

and paying 20 something for a car, whats £20 or so for badges!! Get some beautiful tailored orig LR mats for about £130 - makes a big difference.....tasmods too (sill plates)

Post #256309 Thu Feb 18 2010 5:39pm
Marty

United Kingdom 

NickM wrote:
Mate don't scrimp on the badges....they are not that expensive....plenty on ebay for you....but buy from sponsors on here if you can - you'll get a discount too.

Cheers Nick. Have since seen some of the stuff you refer to on ebay etc....may get them ordered and get dealer to fit as part of the 'pre sales' !

If a mod can move this, I put it in wrong section - should have been in general.

Thumbs Up

Post #256311 Thu Feb 18 2010 5:43pm
scott7

Scotland 

Rear badges are fairly easy to remove, heat them with a hairdrier and they should come off with your fingers, if your struggling get a length of dental floss and use that behind the heated badges to help remove them, you may need some tar and glue remover to get rid of the remaining sticky residue left behind.

Post #256517 Fri Feb 19 2010 9:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1