RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Cold morning starts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

slcar wrote:
I had this on a TDV6 put new EGR valves and replaced two injectors that cured it but then it started again so changed the battery and it cured it so possible a voltage issue when it gets too cold!!

On all cars - petrol injection and common rail diesel for last 25 years or - the ECU is sensitive to cranking voltage and current supplied while cranking. The lower the voltage and current - the greater degree of fuel delivered to compensate. So battery voltage/current - or cranking amps - (call it what you want) is important for correct fuelling. This is the reason for this one being rectified. If the battery was low output - your cranking engine rpm is slower and the starter motor current is in-correct. Engine RPM and current/voltage are the important checks. You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #257596 Sun Feb 28 2010 8:09pm
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Minedoes the same. Was no problem in the real winter but now I had it twice last week. Confused

But on the other han the battery is 4 years old so perhaps it is time to change it. I will anyway have to bring it to the stealers, parking sensors do not work since almost two months, however I did not have time to let the repair it. RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #259342 Fri Mar 12 2010 9:53pm
Big D

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

accyis do you have any fianl update on this, was it your EGR valves or Glow plugs as some have pointed at??? im having this issue now, only in the mornings serious lack of power when driving off, which seems to sort itself after a few minutes driving, or start it up and leave it for a few minutes before driving, no issues (even in the morning)

Post #261271 Sun Mar 28 2010 9:53pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Big D wrote:
accyis do you have any fianl update on this, was it your EGR valves or Glow plugs as some have pointed at??? im having this issue now, only in the mornings serious lack of power when driving off, which seems to sort itself after a few minutes driving, or start it up and leave it for a few minutes before driving, no issues (even in the morning)

Funny mine started doing this yesterday....... HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #261522 Tue Mar 30 2010 5:00pm
accyis

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Hi. Yes it was the near side EGR valve. Been great for two weeks now early symptons have started again which suggest that the off side vale wants replacing. They tend to fail close together apparantly. It's booked in a week this Monday so I'll keep you informed.

Post #261721 Thu Apr 01 2010 5:36pm
shuzzy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have started getting similar problems with my TDV6, what's a rough cost to replace the EGR valves. Also anybody any experience of the EGR blanking kit.

Post #261901 Sat Apr 03 2010 7:12pm
accyis

Hi, just a question with regards to thread i started. The vehicle is back in the garage as i pointed out due to rough cold morning starts (possibly the other EGR Valve), but since the weather has improved slightly it has started without a problem. This is very frustrating as the car is now in the dealers. They contacted me today to say there was no diagnostic messages and everything seemed ok. The only thing they did mention was that 'it took a download' whatever that means. Can someone enlighten me on what they meant by 'it took a download' because the lady i spoke to wasn't very technically minded. They have kept it to check tomorrow morning on start up. Help! Please Embarassed

Ps. Shuzzy, all work so far has been covered under warrenty so i'm unsure on cost. sorry

Post #262913 Tue Apr 13 2010 7:33pm
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

So, it's warm again and the RRS starts normal. However I recognized it was better with a certain kind of fuel. Somehow it seems some fuel filling stations already had summer diesel in their tanks for which it simply was too cold. Rolling Eyes

However I did not have time to let it be checked at the stealers, even the parking sensors still do not work yet because a lack of time. Meanwhile I can park the RRS quite well without sensors! Bow down Cool RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #263446 Mon Apr 19 2010 1:46pm
accyis

Hi thanks for all the response so far. I received my rrs back from the dealers following the EGR software update and all has been well.....so far. The weather has greatly improved (if that helps I'm not sure) so I can trust the dealership and see how thnigs go. This work was carried out foc as a good will gesture by the way...I should think so too.

Post #263529 Mon Apr 19 2010 10:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12