RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Help & Advice on 2005 RRS Supercharged ?.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Help & Advice on 2005 RRS Supercharged ?.

Hi all

I'm new to this part of the forum and hope existing members will be good enough to help me. I have been a member of rangerovers.net for many years having previously owned an L322.

I'm currently driving a Mercedes SL500 and for a number of reasons have decided to change into a RRS S/C. I have done a search and im either searching the wrong keywords or something but the information id hoped to read seems to be scattered across millions of threads.

Anyway, having known the L322 well and suffered a couple of its problems (it was actually a very good example) id like to know the known issues with the RRS S/C so that i can check them out when i go and view the example i hope to buy. The one i have in mind is an early example (first edition here in the UK) and has a full LR service history with low 30k miles for a 2005.

I have a great feeling from the dealer who has answered very question, sent proof of history, mileage etc and i have spoken with an indy LR mechanic who does some of the none service stuff on it to confirm various things like brakes, suspension etc etc. The indy confirmed that he has recently fully serviced the sunroof inc the drainage pipes and that it has no leaks, he has recalibrated the suspension so it sits perfectly, has fitted new seat foam to the passenger seat because the seat belt sensor became sensitive + general inspection whilst i was on the telephone with him going over aspects of the RRS.

Its also a 1 owner car so that could suggest a good car with very few problems imo ?.

All sounds well but can anyone list me the known issues so i can print them off and go through them point by point please ?.

A couple of questions from me, in the service record is shows A, B, C, Oil Service, Insp 1 & Insp 2 options what are the differences and what intervals are these expected ?. This example has had oil service, B, A, B and an A most recently (1 month ago) all carried out by the same LR dealer. No inspections, is that due to mileage ?.

Does anyone have the specification info for the First Edition ?. How does it differ from the standard S/C, is it just rear DVD & stormer wheels ?.

My Mercedes is too technical for its own good and is becoming a pain. With that and the 2 seater limitations i am deciding to chance, will the RRS S/C be a reliable vehicle ?. I can live with the odd niggle but don't want constant problems.

I am looking into warranty options but warranty providers here in the UK arent that good imo.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Post #277236 Mon Oct 04 2010 12:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1