RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Low battery - beginning of the end???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Low battery - beginning of the end???

Morning all!
Didn't use the car yesterday at all... I am in central London so was not that cold as well.... and this morning, go in and before I even start the car, the on board computer is telling me "Low battery, please start the engine now" and then alerts messages "Air bag malfunction" and "Vehicle leaning sideways!" ....

When press the stop/start button, engine took a little more time then usual to start (I am not talking about the few seconds needed t warm the plug, but after that, when the starter kicks in...).

Drove a little with the alerts messages and then, stop, stopped the engine, counted to 15 and restart it and...magic.....no more error messages....

What do you recon? One off gremlins or battery in trouble??? (car was deliver new end of November and I've done 3,500 miles).... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Last edited by Jimmy_75000 on Wed Feb 10 2010 9:06am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #254690 Wed Feb 10 2010 7:49am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Hopefully a one off but I don't need to tell you what to do if it happens again. Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #254691 Wed Feb 10 2010 7:51am
Jimmy_75000

Thumbs Up Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #254709 Wed Feb 10 2010 9:03am
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Keep us updated Jimmy - waiting for mine to start playing up after reading all the posts on different faults appearing ! Rolling Eyes MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #254737 Wed Feb 10 2010 9:59am
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Jimmy - I had the exact same thing over Christmas, got mine at the end of November too, went out one cold morning had the same message 'battery low start engine' just about managed to start, drove 15 miles or so no heated seats Sad , air con or anything to give battery a chance. Following evening went to go and collect takeaway same message but this time would not start, had to take 'her indoors' car Evil or Very Mad
Called LRA following morning they started car with booster, had gearbox warning light, we had a drive for 20mins switched off car, tested the battery, test result was good, couldnt find anything else that was an issue, gearbox warning light gone. Magic

Its been fine since no battery issue, so fingers crossed Whistle MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #254788 Wed Feb 10 2010 2:16pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

Had this once, cold start, took out of drive, parked up for a second or too to shut and lock gates, got message 'battery low start engine' Started ok, no problems, never saw message again Confused purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #254805 Wed Feb 10 2010 4:25pm
Lookers Park Royal

I can confirm that there will be a software update in the near future, initially for 2010 FFRR which will then be followed by RRS and D4. This will reduce the battery consumption when the car is parked. Sorry that the info is a little sketchy at the moment, but I will post more info once LR communicate exact details. Our understanding is that FFRR will have the update available Feb/Mar and RRS/D4 at some point soon after.

Jimmy, if it does it again then it would be worth while letting us have a look at the fault memory. Apologies that you've had the problem and keep me posted. Hopefully it's just a temporary hic-up. Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Post #254836 Wed Feb 10 2010 5:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

There are a few posts of this on the D4 forum. My understanding is its resolved either by trickle charging the battery or by getting a software update. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #254899 Wed Feb 10 2010 9:35pm
Jimmy_75000

Thanks guys and thank James....

Nothing since! So seems like a small itch! Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Post #255869 Tue Feb 16 2010 6:41pm
Lookers Park Royal

Certain VIN ranges will have a letter sent from 26/02 regarding a software enhancement to address a couple of issues. We hope it will be a drop in/ coffee /chat facility for those affected whilst the vehicle is being updated.

Shame you can't just plug it in to iTunes with a long lead!

Will advise when I have more info. Likely to be vehicles from launch to c Jan build.

James Thumbs Up

Post #255872 Tue Feb 16 2010 6:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jimmy_75000

Lookers Park Royal wrote:

Shame you can't just plug it in to iTunes with a long lead!

James Thumbs Up

That would be great! Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Post #256001 Wed Feb 17 2010 10:36am
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hello,

I am in Germany and my RRS TDV6 HSE MY2010 has the same problems with the low battery warnings...

VIN ends with 232182 - do you know if the car is affected by the software update?

Greetings from Germany
gseum

Post #256357 Thu Feb 18 2010 9:14pm
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hello,

today is 26/02... Wink Any news?

Greetings
gseum

Post #257396 Fri Feb 26 2010 5:08pm
Lookers Park Royal

Gseum,

Sorry just noticed your post. You would need to speak to your local dealer as I'm not sure what the situation is there.

As far as the UK is concerned, dealerships will be contacting their customers in registration date order to arrange for any required 'reassurance' items to be addressed. This is a process that may take a few weeks, therefore I would suggest contacting your dealer if you would like the actions dealt with sooner.

For customers with 2010 RRS local to us, or within a reasonable distance of us then please email matthewgreen@lookers.co.uk and copy in myself (jamestayler@lookers.co.uk) and Matthew (our Service Manager) wil lliaise regarding bookings. Ideally if you could include your chassis number (on the V5 log book, in the front of the service book or in the bottom corner of the passenger side of the windscreen)

As the main part of the actions are software related, I must stress that dealers will only be able to update a limited number of vehicles per day, which will be dictated by the number of IDS (diagnostic computers) that they have on site.

This news is hot off the press today, therefore it may not be until the middle of next week before dealers have the required software in place. It is also very important to point out that late vehicles may not require the updates, therefore your dealer will advise (based on your chassis number) as to what is required.

I apologise if this is a little vague, however I will try to post some more meaningful information in a separate dedicated thread early next week.

James Thumbs Up

Post #257405 Fri Feb 26 2010 5:54pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Post got lost in the internet somewhere...
Anyway

Will this software update be for vehicles prior to 2010MY as well?
It would be good not to have the battery letting me down, you get fed up having to ask to get a jumpstart from another car every week or so. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #257407 Fri Feb 26 2010 6:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>