RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Surround camera and caravan camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alan2851

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Surround camera and caravan camera

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and brand new to owning a RRS. I've ordered a RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 due for delivery in OZ in May..after test driving in Dec. can't wait for the new arrival. Currently driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8.
I have a 2.7 ton caravan, which is why I need a bit of power up front, which is wired for a camera on the rear with cable waiting to be plugged into tow vehicle. We have also ordered the surround cameras which hopefully help when SWMBO gets her left and right mixed up when we are reversing the van.
Has anyone any experience with connecting up a camera from a caravan to the new surround camera display or would I need to keep the whole thing separate and install a standalone monitor?

Post #254123 Sun Feb 07 2010 1:32am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Welcome to the forum Alan Thumbs Up in regard to your question, totally clueless Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #254151 Sun Feb 07 2010 11:01am
stephenw

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Alan, welcome as well. I've ordered a new vehicle with the surround camera due late March. It's also coming with the TV. I'm currently investigating modifying the system for TV or Video in Motion.

This allows the operation of the TV while driving. I have gotten use to having this in my current RRS. Its more hearing the news on the way to and from work.

The mod for the 2010 has not been released yet but one this forums sponsors has said - "OK, there ISNT an interface available for the 2010 RR Sport to give you Video In Motion... YET, but I am reliably informed that there is one out VERY soon. I have shipped equipment to Oz before so if they don’t become available before your wife is here I can always ship them for you."

Current Video in Motion units for other vehicles also normally have aux video inputs. This is where you could input the signal from the van. I'm thinking with mine to use this for a DVD.

As soon as I find anything out, I'll let you know.

Steve RRS TDV6 MY07 gone.
RRS TDV6 MY10 just arrived!

Post #254229 Sun Feb 07 2010 7:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alan2851

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Steve, Many thanks for the update, would be very interested in seeing what the mod would do. Seems a better
option that having two monitors to look at. Thumbs Up

Post #254271 Mon Feb 08 2010 8:44am
RRSporter

Resurrecting old thread.
I am aware of 'Video in Motion' type add ons.

What I am trying to achieve is simple. Caravan attached the RR would use caravan camera in lieu of the normal factory built in rear camera. I'm talking standard 2010 on Sport here with 1 reverse camera, not the surround camera system.

So save for fancy electronic hacks, and instead have a switching relay that senses when caravan is attached. It then would put the caravan camera feed into RR wiring loom instead of the built in rear view camera. Obviously it would still activate in reverse as per usual.

So my question is has anybody done this successfully? And is the RR built in cam outputting the same type of video signal as the RCA lead from my caravan camera? The latter question I assume answers the first one in this paragraph.

Anybody please?? 3.0 SDV6 HSE L494

Post #422113 Thu Apr 24 2014 9:16am
Beancounter_74

England 

Zilch wrote:
Welcome to the forum Alan Thumbs Up in regard to anything, I'm totally clueless Laughing

Fixed that for you Zilchy Wink Whistle Laughing ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #422115 Thu Apr 24 2014 9:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1