RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Iphone Cradle Mod??????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

The iPod dock I have can play the music from the iphone 3GS that I have but due to the larger size of the iphone 3 it puts stress on the pins of the dock and they fail after a while, my dock was replaced under warranty just over a year ago. Now I only use my ipod in it and it only comes out to get more music put on it.
it does work with the USB connection in the glove box but it depends on the format of the music what it can play, seems to be only mp3 files it plays. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #316527 Fri Oct 07 2011 5:18pm
ManixRR

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Alicatt wrote:
The iPod dock I have can play the music from the iphone 3GS that I have but due to the larger size of the iphone 3 it puts stress on the pins of the dock and they fail after a while, my dock was replaced under warranty just over a year ago. Now I only use my ipod in it and it only comes out to get more music put on it.
it does work with the USB connection in the glove box but it depends on the format of the music what it can play, seems to be only mp3 files it plays.

Hi is the dock you have the official one from Rangerover ?

My RR sport does not have the factory fitted iPod kit so no USB connection in the glove box....

I heard on another forum that the iPod integration kit for the range rover sport had the drawback that you couldn't select it while moving ( i.e. couldn't change from radio or cd to iPod while moving) Irish Range Rover Sport TDV8 2007

Post #316550 Fri Oct 07 2011 8:44pm
Barton freelander

United Kingdom 

Very Happy

Post #317594 Sun Oct 16 2011 8:19pm
Streaky

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Alaska White

ManixRR wrote:
Alicatt wrote:
it does work with the USB connection in the glove box but it depends on the format of the music what it can play, seems to be only mp3 files it plays.

Hi is the dock you have the official one from Rangerover ?

My RR sport does not have the factory fitted iPod kit so no USB connection in the glove box....

I heard on another forum that the iPod integration kit for the range rover sport had the drawback that you couldn't select it while moving ( i.e. couldn't change from radio or cd to iPod while moving)

Sorry for delayed response..I was travelling for past month.

I purchased the iPod/iPhone interface kit from Land Rover and used the Carcomm Passthru cradle as the docking station. Carcomm supply the passthru cradles for most popular gadgets so you should be able to find one that fits your music player. I was able to convert the 3Gs cradle to fit the slightly thinner iPhone 4 by using sticky back felt strips to stop the phone wobbling in the cradle.
Installing the interface is a four hour job at the dealers but they didn't charge me since I asked them to fit it during a service. It would take a layman longer unless you are very familiar with the wiring loom and know how to remove certain dash panels without forcing them.

I can use 99% of the Music functions via the steering wheel apart from changing source which is done via the console buttons.
Hope this helps.

Regards.

S Ra-Ro Sport Super Dooper Charged.
Ford F350 Super Duty Prototype.
Ni$$@n Patrol 4.8 Overlander.

Post #318481 Sun Oct 23 2011 3:42pm
harbieboy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

The Range Rover wrote:
HI all
Latest update

Recieved BMW I phone cradle and I am in process of measuring and checking, I was right, Thumbs Up it is the same connection, Milestone
I am going to check the cradle for operation tomorrow before I attack the unit to make it fit the car.

Looking good so far though!

Colin

Did you ever get this to work ?

Harbieboy

Post #361006 Fri Oct 26 2012 8:41pm
ken21

Hong Kong 

+1

Post #419268 Wed Mar 26 2014 12:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123