RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > SEVERE PROBLEM WITH MY RRS..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>

kam100

United Kingdom 

I think he actual accelerator stuck down.. in Bmw's the accelerator is on a hinge, either that got stuck, or it got caught on something..

Seems like he had a bad time with it.. but still think with a bit of logical thought he could have sorted it out without such a fuss and endangering so many people. But i guess people do funny things when they are panicking. Imagine stomping on your brakes for so long hey actuall wear down to the metal.. how long would that take fighting against the engine at full revs.. ? not long i bet..

At least mine did do it the other way round, you're right VA.. a 2.5tonne battering ram heading down the M40 would never be a good thing.
Although was convoying it with a big RR 4.4 V8 so reckon that would have held me back a bit..

Post #16928 Sun Mar 12 2006 2:20pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Chris arrived early and phoned on arrival, i dashed back from a job and have just been through some items with him.

Basically as expected, the car has not 'remembered' anything, and its showing a turbo boost issue, but that should restrict power, not completely cut the engine out, especially at top speeds.

I have to drive the car to stratstone Landrover Solihull tommorow, and have been told LR assist will provide me with a courtesy vehicle while its in. If it takes longer then 48 hours, stratstone will have to extend the car hire for the time it will take to remedy the car's issues. I presented Chris with my printouts and after a brief read, he acknowledged that there may be an issue that the technies at LR may beable to sort out but he has not come across this problem yet, so is not equipped to sort it out for me.

Rang up LR assist just now to go through a few items, and then their hire company rang me up moments later to go through their T&C's. The lady couldn't tell me what car it would be but said it could be a focus, mondeo, Jag or another 4x4 if they have one available in their depot down here.

Glad this issue is being taken seriously, and very happy with the way LR assist have got onto this problem almost immediately, lets see if stratstone Solihull are able to continue with this great service...

Post #16935 Sun Mar 12 2006 4:57pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Now Kam I wonder of the 4 loaners offered which one you'll get. I bet you a fiver it's the focus or a gold Freelander. You could be really unlucky and get offered an Audi! Wink Hope you sort this out soon. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #16936 Sun Mar 12 2006 5:16pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I know its only 9.30am Kam - but come on, is it all sorted yet Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #16982 Mon Mar 13 2006 10:31am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

KAM!!! You're a lucky lucky chap, I'd say. Glad you came out of it with nothing more than an increased heart rate Wink Good to see LRA are taking it all very seriously (and in my single experience with them, they've also been excellent) so let's hope they can sort it all out. If this was America, I'm sure you would have started litigation already (you'd be quite right too) but I don't think that's required. Keep us all posted mate! Smile 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #16995 Mon Mar 13 2006 11:28am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys..
Went into Lr this morning, and dropped off the RRS.
Fleet company had me waiting a while, but i wasn't too bothered, never eager to come in on monday mornings anyway.
The hire car they have given me is a Volvo V70 2.4D Estate, 55 plate with 5k on the clock, Auto, Leather, Heated Seats etc.. So very nice motor to be fair. The hire guys were really nice blokes, got me settled into the Volvo and went through the scratches etc on the car and wheel scuffs. Also had over 120 miles left on the tank so no complaints what so ever. Have this car for two days on Lr Assist, and if my car isn't ready to come back to me, Stratstone will take the bill for the entire duration of the rental period required if my RRS isn't ready. Kind of makes my car priority to them, as i can't imagine the rental on this boat is cheap per day (well compared to a ford KA or the like!). Was actually expecting the worst, i.e. Ford KA or something similar because they were funny about my age being under the 25 years they normally require.

Nice car the Volvo, doesn't stand out much compared to the RRS and you kind of blend in, but cabin is nice, seats are well comfy and the pull on the engine is nice enough. Will hoon around in this quite happily till my RRS is all better.

Gave then the full list as well as GTR for the PDC and other bits and bobs i have found about this engine cut out problem. Apparently Stratstone have seen this once before on a Disco3 2.7TDV6 so its not a complete surprise to them. didn't need to get arsey or make a big hooha about any of this, seems when LRA get involved the dealers bow down to the severity of the situation.

Will post some pics later on of my courtesy boat. i call it a boat as it wafts along and corners like a big boat, nothing bad, is a nice comfy cruiser.

Post #17037 Mon Mar 13 2006 2:15pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

wow u r really unlucky kam100 - i am just about to think to change my order into a 4.4 SE .... Confused 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #17050 Mon Mar 13 2006 3:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Kam

Just did a 200 mile trip to orlando this weekend. I got the same fault twice and I have a gasoline engine. It's scarry when you're passing someone and the engine cuts out while there is no shoulder for a few hundred feet and you need to have the car start to slowly roll onto the shoulder. It happened on the way up and the way back followed by the low colant level on the way back. I'm calling my dealer today and I'm not happy about it. My power cut, but the engine did not stall, very weird.

Post #17102 Mon Mar 13 2006 5:56pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear you had the same issue as me, did your display say anything? Mine says 'special programmes off' and bonged everytime its done it. Is a bit of a worry,

Were you on cruise control?
What kind of speed were you doing? Did you loose total engine power, i.e. seemed to be off, but engine was still running and everything else as normal? There are other less severe problems turbo boost issues which mean the engine cuts power to a certain level if it feels the turbo charger is overheating or somethin,g but the LR assist guy said yesterday that this shouldn't mean that the entire engine looses complete 100% power which was the problem with mine. Will let you and every other member know what the fix is, if there is one.

What shall i do guys, if they come back and say, Nope nothing wrong with it, its fine!!? shall i tell them where to stick the car? where do i stand legally, its a 10k miles car, obviously i can't have a new one, can i?? hmm.. Laughing Laughing

Post #17105 Mon Mar 13 2006 6:02pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Kam, did you have the cruise control on? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #17106 Mon Mar 13 2006 6:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Did the first two times this happened, thought it may be a pattern, i.e. use cruise control and it will conk out.. so on way back up north on sat, i was driving conventionally, foot on gas and it happened all the same..

Post #17107 Mon Mar 13 2006 6:08pm
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

My display said, "Engine System Fault." The engine did not turn off,but I had no power. I floored it and the gears shifted down but the RPM's were dropping. When I stopped the engine was still idling and I did not even try to accelerate. I just shut it on and off and it cleared. I've also got about 9500 miles on my car. I can't remember if crusie control was on or not. I know I had it on at one point but not sure if it was on at that moment. Anyways, I pressed the accelerator to pass at that point and then the engine just lost power. There was no shoulder one time, very scarry to be just rolling off the road. Other drivers looked clueless, even the one I had just passed. Note: Even if you turn cruise control off, it still semi-remains active and you simply need to press the + button on the speed to set it. So even though I may not have been activly using it, it was still in "Sleep" mode (does that make sense?).

Good news guys. Just got off the phone with the dealer. He said there is a software update that should clear up this issue. I'll ask for details friday when I bring it in.

Last edited by Zipperman19 on Mon Mar 13 2006 8:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #17149 Mon Mar 13 2006 7:42pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Zipperman, this is exactly what I experienced only one time this weekend! I shall be round at the dealer forthwith. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #17158 Mon Mar 13 2006 8:01pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Now Kam I wonder of the 4 loaners offered which one you'll get. I bet you a fiver it's the focus or a gold Freelander. You could be really unlucky and get offered an Audi! Wink Hope you sort this out soon.

You owe me a fiver VA.. Just remembered!

Post #17328 Tue Mar 14 2006 1:04pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I hoped you missed that one! Give it to you on the factory visit! Do you like your Volvo? Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #17329 Tue Mar 14 2006 1:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>