RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > SEVERE PROBLEM WITH MY RRS..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678

kam100

United Kingdom 

i used to get that call off bmw too.. never made a slight bit of difference either. bmw CS have no control over the dealers, and they told you that if you ever complained!!

Just managed to get through to yet another service guy, and he went away and checked what the deal was with my car:

Will be ready in 10 mins for collection tonight/tommorow morning.

-PDC ECu has been changed,
-Seat pad has been repaired,
-The cutting out issue - ECU has been reflashed with latest TDV6 software, all wiring looms have been opened up and checked, and they found a connector was loose and was giving out signals incorrectly.. should sort it.. guess time will tell..
-The weird spring noise brought out a classic though - sorry we couldn't hear anything.. i'll f***ing tell him, if i hear it anytime this weekend.. Mad

Am looking forward to getting the RRS back though.. wahey can try that bloody lead out for the MP3's finnally.. if its the wrong one.. i will kill someone/something.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Post #18844 Fri Mar 17 2006 5:06pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Laughing Laughing Good luck Kam RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #18846 Fri Mar 17 2006 5:09pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

got it back now.. all seems well, was washed outside but not vac'd = who was i kidding??

Not very good handover back, the fuel tank was drained showing 0 on the range.. serves me right for handing it to them showing 30 when they would clearly need to road test the car.

PDC now seems to work all the time.
seat is now back to being as firm as the day it came to me..
noise could not be found the springey noise coming from the front right, but it does seem to have gone away. maybe it was something bust in the seat!?

won't know if the engine cut out problem is sorted till i go sprinting up the motorway again... will give it a try sometime, and start off by staying in the left lane so i have no lanes to cross to limp to a standstill..

lets see what happens.. good to have the rrs back though.. off out in it now, lets see if that lead works on my phone..
have a good weekend chaps.. will send out the factory email tommorow..

Post #18890 Fri Mar 17 2006 10:14pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice one Kam... glad you got it all sorted. Fingers crossed it's all sorted... don't want another episode like before. Censored 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #19144 Mon Mar 20 2006 12:27pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Cheers shmoogle.. it does seem to be back up to scratch again..
and had forgotten how much people look at it!

Went to a wedding yesterday arvo, another asian long winded affair, and it was like a car parade.. there was another black HSE with standard bits on parked out the front, and the guys face dropped when another one pulled past his.. Very Happy

Post #19260 Mon Mar 20 2006 6:28pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Bobby wrote:
shmoogle wrote:
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

"Right... I'm off for an Eartha Kitt... good old Eartha!!"

shmoogle, thats good taste, if I understand you right.

C'est Si Bon ? Wink Wink

Cool Cool Cool

shmoogle, are we talking of the same thing..?? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #19368 Tue Mar 21 2006 12:09am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Sorry Bobby... don't remember what I was talking about there! Confused Embarassed (another sign of old age!) - I was quoting the Royle Family, I think but not sure why! I'm going to bed in a minute - rambling already! Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #19375 Tue Mar 21 2006 12:14am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yesterday when I took my Sport into the dealer for investigation/cure of the Fuel temperature/pressure sensor. LR Assist offered to arrange a rental car but I turned it down as I have my Defender sitting at home doing nothing......

When I dropped the car off at the dealers they offered to drive me back home which is normal with them as I only live 20minutes drive away but imagine my horror to be transported home not in a Land Rover product, or a product from any of the other marques now sold from the same dealership but in a latter day Metro. made in India car City Car by Rover or something........... I thought the Metro was grim but this thing was even worse and the suspension on my Defender is streets ahead of a City Rover. Mind it couldn't half shift with it's Peugoet 1.4i petrol engine..................... but even the Defender is quieter. Surely Indian drivers deserve better 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #19420 Tue Mar 21 2006 9:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yesterday when I took my Sport into the dealer for investigation/cure of the Fuel temperature/pressure sensor. LR Assist offered to arrange a rental car but I turned it down as I have my Defender sitting at home doing nothing......

When I dropped the car off at the dealers they offered to drive me back home which is normal with them as I only live 20minutes drive away but imagine my horror to be transported home not in a Land Rover product, or a product from any of the other marques now sold from the same dealership but in a latter day Metro. made in India car City Car by Rover or something........... I thought the Metro was grim but this thing was even worse and the suspension on my Defender is streets ahead of a City Rover. Mind it couldn't half shift with it's Peugoet 1.4i petrol engine..................... but even the Defender is quieter. Surely Indian drivers deserve better

Tim, I'm in India right now, that car sounds heaven compared to what I'm being driven around in Very Happy HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #19541 Tue Mar 21 2006 5:54pm
Tim in Scotland

Rob. it was originally made as a Tata City Car I belive, imported by MG Rover and rebadged. Top Gear couldn't get one to road test so went undercover to a dealer and had a test drive and condemned it! You having the pleasure of some runs in Hindustan Ambassadors then? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #19543 Tue Mar 21 2006 6:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob_J

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Rob. it was originally made as a Tata City Car I belive, imported by MG Rover and rebadged. Top Gear couldn't get one to road test so went undercover to a dealer and had a test drive and condemned it! You having the pleasure of some runs in Hindustan Ambassadors then?

Naah, no such luck they weren't too bad it's some dodgy SUV, that look a bit Japaneese but from the 70's, have to check out what it is tomorrow. i tell you the Skoda Octavia's look real flash out here! HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #19546 Tue Mar 21 2006 6:23pm
Tim in Scotland

Sounds like a Tata Safari Rob.............. the local Landie Dealer in Stirling is also a Tata dealer, I think he sold about 1 last year, folks would sooner have an ancient Land Rover than a new Tata Safari. although I believe that while they are grim onroad they are unbreakable off it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #19548 Tue Mar 21 2006 6:28pm
Rob_J

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sounds like a Tata Safari Rob.............. the local Landie Dealer in Stirling is also a Tata dealer, I think he sold about 1 last year, folks would sooner have an ancient Land Rover than a new Tata Safari. although I believe that while they are grim onroad they are unbreakable off it!

It's even worse than that! And they are bad had one when I lived over here a few years back. In India the simple things work best. A RRS would never ever last. the good thing about all the local trucks & cars is that any blacksmith annywhere in the country can fix them, no electronics or anything like that.

It's always horses for courses, used to run Lada jeeps in Kazakhstan, dreadful things, but they started reliably every morning even at 30 below, little else would!

PS : Who the hell bought the Safari?? Must have been the only one they sold in the country!! HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #19551 Tue Mar 21 2006 6:38pm
Tim in Scotland

Have no idea - it was a black long wheel based version. Those Lada 4x4's are still being made and you can import them into the UK as there are no dealers any more here. They ARE unbreakable! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #19553 Tue Mar 21 2006 6:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678