RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > LRE Dunkeld Jan 2010
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
LRE Dunkeld Jan 2010

Last week we visited the Land Rover experience centre at Dunkeld, we took the option to upgrade a half day off roading to a full day, having been to the North Yorks venue last year i couldn't wait for the day to arrive Very Happy

After a coffee we where introduced by our instructor for the day, then taken upstairs to view a presentation on the Range Rover Sport, this explained how all the different systems came together to make this remarkable vehicle so good off road

By the end of the film i was eager to see what they had planned for us for the rest of the day. I had received conformation by e-mail that the morning would be spent in the grounds of the Hilton Dunkeld over all the usual slopes, pits, hills etc and the afternoon would be spent on the Blair Athol Estate a few miles away

Now due to the heavy snow that had fallen the afternoon trip was not guaranteed Crying or Very sad and it would need a recky by the centre's top man to give us the ok, all we could do is spend the morning sharpening our skills near the Hilton

Click image to enlarge

This morning stint was made more fun by sheet ice and deep snow which made things a little unpredicatable, the side slope was very hairy to say the least Shocked
All i wanted to hear on the radio was the green light to head up to the hills after lunch

After what seemed like an eternity whe were given the green light Very Happy
We finished the morning and headed off for a spot of lunch

As i mentioned at the start Dunkeld had seen heavy snow fall and nobody had been up to the Estate fo a while
What followed was a fantastic full afternoon driving round virgin tracks in deep snow, the RRS never mised a beat we only had to stop to radio back to base at the varoius check points

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Even at full height the number plate was acting as a snowplough
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The sharp eyed of you may notice something odd about our car for the day!

A huge thanks to the guys and girls at LRE Dunkeld for making our day so enjoyable

This is a venue and a day out i can thoughly recommend Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #252683 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:18am
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

Looks scary, flying by the seat of your pants, would drive me Bats purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #252707 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:43am
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

very nice.

Do yo remember what tyres were fitted on the car? 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #252708 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:44am
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

whats the display on your screen? purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #252748 Sat Jan 30 2010 1:27am
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

purple people eater wrote:
whats the display on your screen?

That's what I was thinking, surround cameras? I would also be interested to know what tyres they are.

I recently did the full day at the South East centre and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was also covered in snow so we were restricted in what we could do but overall it added to the fun. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #252760 Sat Jan 30 2010 2:05am
ASH555

Ok the tyres are MTR's although not a snow/ice tyre they performed very well, apart from a little noise on the road sections

The cameras on the display are indeed surround cameras, these where pretty cool as you can see any tight spots without having to look, i first thought they would be just a toy but they were very useful. I also thought they would become blocked with dirt as the rear ones does but the picture was sharp all day..... MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

Post #252771 Sat Jan 30 2010 9:07am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It appears that you had a wheel change at some time or different wheels on each side of the car - some pics show D3 HSE wheels and the last one shows D4 splitspoke wheels.......................

So now we know that D4 splitspoke alloys can take MTR's and fit onto a 2010MY RRS. Will have to check now and see the difference in size of the front brakes and calipers........................... to sse if those wheels will fit a pre-2010MY car with Brembos.

AND you left the fuel filler open! Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #252787 Sat Jan 30 2010 11:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ASH555

Top of the class Tim Thumbs Up

I wasn't responsible for the fuel cap Laughing

Due to the adverse weather they ran out of wheels to put MTR's on so we were equiped with 2 x D4 and 2 x D3 Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Post #252793 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:00pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Duck me Tim! Are you a copper! You dont miss a trick. Shocked

Post #252795 Sat Jan 30 2010 12:19pm
ASH555

It was Tim that noticed my extra rear side light seconds after me meeting up with him...... MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Post #252813 Sat Jan 30 2010 1:55pm
Tim in Scotland

Rolling with laughter I think after THE BOSS, I've the sad record of being one of the "founding" members who still posts, Slimer is another and Smarticus, Bobby isn't far behind too. Have plenty of time to spot all the small differences as I sit at home doing no work for half of the year......................... then I go away overseas and do no work for the other half! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #252818 Sat Jan 30 2010 2:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Cor i want a job like yours Tim. Thumbs Up

Post #252823 Sat Jan 30 2010 2:54pm
Tim in Scotland

They even pay me............................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #252835 Sat Jan 30 2010 5:01pm
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have just booked a half day at the Land Rover Experience at Dunkeld. I got an invite by visiting the LR stand at the Royal Highland Show. I have decided to go with the Discovery 4 rather than the RRS as a comparison - I am planning a new motor in 2011 so want to compare the Disco to the RRS. I am doing it on Thursday afternoon! looking forward to it too.. If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #272304 Tue Jul 27 2010 1:21pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Thumbs Up Excellent Muffd..... You'll have a ball! When I went to LRE Dunkeld I got a female instructor, Can't remember her name but she was superb, her knowledge was great and she was a real hoot compared to some of the blokes! Have a great time M8 and let us know how it goes Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #272355 Tue Jul 27 2010 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>