RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Just joined and in the market
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Marty

United Kingdom 
Just joined and in the market

Morning all, very useful site with lots of quality information on here so keep up the good work Thumbs Up

I am not an RRS owner right now but am looking to purchase one for my other half in the next 5/6 weeks.

I have been trawling through many threads and pages on here looking for the kind of guidance i'm after but as yet haven't found what I'm after.

I suppose its a dummies guide to all things RRS's ? So if anyone can point me to something they know on here which might help please advise....

Otherwise, the main things I want to know are around gotchas or things to be aware of :

1/ Looking in the early to mid £20'k range so I know I am looking for 2005/2006'ers, and clearly the entry level on used etc....

2/ With that in mind are there any major issues known or general tips - ie. do cam belts or similar need changing at a certain mileage

3/ Not overly fussed about SAT NAV, but are there noticeable differances on the eye from a S vs SE vs HSE ? Putting it another way - If I found a nice S that had the right wheels/leather fitted are there any gotchas I need to know

4/ 2010 Upgrades. I notice on here a lot of excitement (and rightly so), around the 2010 facelft. There are comments around people doing rear upgrades around £400. I see companies listing £2000 for entire upgrade to be carried out on a 2005/06 model. Are these legit, and are they best way to achieve this ? The delta between £2000, and £400 is big.

5/ Any other information or dos and donts would be much appreciated as I will be stuck into my search over the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance and apologies for any duplication.

Cheers

Post #252331 Thu Jan 28 2010 11:52am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Marty - welcome.

For your money you should get a 05/55 plate HSE with 60k on the clock.

What to look out for? Look out for the general condition on the car, get a test drive and look out for any strange knocking sounds from the suspension or gearbox. There are no real issues that have reared their ugly head on used cars yet but each car can have it's own problems. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #252332 Thu Jan 28 2010 11:58am
Marty

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply. will keep an eye out for other comment on here.

Post #252339 Thu Jan 28 2010 12:29pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

IIRC if you buy from a dealer you'll get a 1 year warranty - James will be able to confirm

Post #252351 Thu Jan 28 2010 1:10pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Marty - Welcome to the Forum?

For my tuppence worth, I'd say that the 2010 changes are not that significant to the external look of the car. It's on the interior that the real changes have been made. It's easy and relatively cheap to improve the look of the pre facelift cars with some colour coded vents and grills - No need to go the whole Hogg & put an MY10 exterior on and older car - If it were me, I'd spend the extra £2k you were talking about on buying either a newer or higher spec car in the 1st place. Also, for resale, IIRC about 90% of all RRS's built are HSE spec so going for a lower spec could be a false economy. Best of Luck with the purchase Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #252366 Thu Jan 28 2010 2:36pm
Lookers Park Royal

Yes, MAW is right, any Land Rover bought from a main dealer under the 'Approved Used' banner will have a minimum of 12 months Land Rover warranty as part of the program. The car will also have a multi-point inspection and the dealer is obliged to rectify any issues found on this inspection, plus it will have been checked on HPI or Experian for finance etc etc. You also have a 30-day exchange plan to fall back upon should the worst happen, although in the 10 years I have been with LR I have only had one customer exercise this right due to the level that the vehicles are prepared to. Main dealers will be more expensive than a private sale or generic used car dealer, however you can be confident that the cars are prepared properly and do not have and skeletons in their closet.

We've not got anything that fits the bill exactly, however we do have a nice 07 plate TDV6 SE in Silver with Ebony leather and 34k miles which has come in today for £27,900. May be worth waiting until after 1st March as you will have a bit more choice from vehicles being part-exchanged.

James Thumbs Up

Post #252384 Thu Jan 28 2010 4:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Marty

United Kingdom 

Thanks again guys.

Appreciate your input and all James. I am not actually looking to take delivery of the car until mid march at the earliest (suprise bday present for March 24th).....also I have her freelander to trade in so the approved used route sits well with me.

Therefore if you're inside steer would be more to choose from at a potential better value in a months time, I may just do that..... Thumbs Up

Post #252421 Thu Jan 28 2010 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1